Monday, November 26, 2012

Over commit much?

Yes that would be me! You see - I usually putter out and tire of any workout program I begin so a couple of months ago I thought I would "mix things up".

The first thing I did was join Tina's Best Body Bootcamp. There was a couple of weeks between the sign-up time and the actual bootcamp start so then I ventured onto the Beachbody website. After doing some research and reading some reviews I went ahead and bought ChaLean Extreme and started following the workout program faithfully the day after I got it. THEN... Best Body Bootcamp started. I tried to combine the schedules of the two programs to at least overlap the cardio days to fall on the same day - but then something else got added to my mix. I got the itch to try to "run" again and I dowloaded the RunKeeper app to my phone and dowloaded the Beginners 5K program. So.... now you can see that my workout schedule just got CRAZY. But noooooo.... that wasn't enough for me. I then joined the Holiday Bootie Buster Challenge to try to help me get through the holidays.

Now my brain is completely fried and boggled on how I can keep up with any of the scheduled workouts, let alone all the "check-ins" and accountability posts I'm supposed to make. So... it's time for me to step back and just do me.

Yes - I'm feeling stronger following ChaLean Extreme and I am definitely going to keep it up for the next 8 weeks. And yes - I did go ahead and order Turbo Fire to begin when ChaLean Extreme is complete. The next set I want to buy after Turbo Fire will be Insanity. I am DEFNITELY a dvd exerciser. It all started with a step aerobic video and a step bench long ago and then when I finally got back into working out - the kids were small and I couldn't always get to the gym so I started doing the Leslie Sansone dvds at home then. From there I progressed to TaeBo and then a whole slew of various dvd followed. ChaLean Extreme is the first attempt at lifting weights I've seriously done and I love how strong it makes me feel.

I think Tina's Best Body Bootcamp program is an awesome plan if I didn't already have a direction or plan I was following. It's very difficult for me to keep up with it in addition to ChaLean Extreme. The only other thing I have difficulty with it is the prep work. She sends out the program for 2 weeks at a time. Then I have to look up and print the actual moves called for and put them together in a packet for me to bring to the gym or keep by my side to refer to at home. For me - it's just a personal preference - but if I'm going to be referring to anything - it wold be easier to just watch a dvd. That way I'm not losing my momentum or tempo by referring back to my notes. There are 3 more weeks left of bootcamp and I am by no means totally abandoning it - in fact, I would like to try some of her new-to-me moves.

And the running... I do want to continue following a 3 times a week running plan. So far - running has been the best calorie burner for me. It hasn't been too kind on my knees which is why I plan to keep it to just 3 times a week. Maybe I should try Spinning? lol See - there I go again - already looking at a new activity!

We'll see how I do over the next 4 weeks as I prepare for our trip to Seattle for Christmas. I really would like to head out there toned and in shape to see my family and old friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment