Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Another week passes

Another blog-less week has passed and here I am playing catch-up again.

This week I tried a new-to-me product that I have been seeing a lot about on Instagram and various blogs - Coconut Oil. It is supposed to be healthier for you. I stir-fried some spinach, mushrooms and red peppers with it. It was yummy. I was the only one home for dinner that night too which was why I experimented with it.


I also tried making a Chicken Parmesan with Panko bread crumbs rather than regular bread crumbs. The recipe turned out just okay - I definitely needed to add more spices to the recipe though.



And then one more food related item - look at all the new Chobanis I found out at the grocery store!!! I couldn't decide which ones to try so I grabbed them all!


I got in a couple of good C25K runs last week during lunch at the gym and then one day I did a new-to-me HIIT workout I found on You Tube by Fitness Blender. It was so awesome and just what I needed to mix up the weekday workouts. I was DEFINITELY feeling sore the next couple of days after that workout!

Saturday night I had two of my besties over for fun and drinks with me and the hubby! We hadn't seen each other since and hung out like that since before the weeding in July!

Sunday hubby and I hit up Greene Turtle for some seriously needed burgers. Then we went home and watched the Ravens win the Divisional Championship Game against the Patriots! Woo-hoo! I can't stand the Patriots, Tom Brady or their coach that wears that same ole yucky looking sweatshirt every.single.game.


Go Ravens! Hubby even ran out after the game and bought us shirts at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Monday we took the kids to the base for some bowling since school and work were out for Martin Luther King Jr. Day and the Inauguration. We didn't fight the cold and the crowds to go to DC to see any of the festivities. Instead we watched from home where I made the kids watch "gadget free" so they could really soak in and absorb what an important event it is to see President Obama being sworn in again. As in yes - he did get re-elected!
Just hanging out at the bowling alley with the kiddos!
    

No comments:

Post a Comment