Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Busy short week

Last week was a short but busy week!

Tuesday morning the kids had their annual pediatrician appointment plus they got their flu shot and their meningitis shot. My son actually got the flu mist because he hates shots so he has gotten the mist the past few years. My daughter was pleased to find out she's 3/4 of an inch taller than her brother.

Wednesday morning my friend was having a procedure done at a hospital in DC and needed someone to drive her home afterwards. She doesn't have any family in the area so I went with her. She did the same for me a couple of years ago when I had a procedure done and wasn't dating anyone. Sometimes it is rough living in a city with no other family members around.

Thursday morning there was a 2 hour school delay due to snow.  Luckily for me it was a light dusting because I can't stand snow. The poor kiddos were disappointed of course because they wanted a FULL snow day!
View from my front porch of the dusting of snow
Friday was the first day of the week that I got to go to work at the normal time.  But then guess what - yep - I got a text message at 11am that school was getting out early due to some impending icy afternoon weather. I left work at 3 to get the kids and on the way home we stopped at the grocery store. Friday we usually order pizza and I was pretty sure no one was going to be out delivering pizza in that weather so we picked up wings, frozen pizza and sushi from Wegmans (so not diet friendly).

Saturday afternoon my daughter had an eye appointment for the Dr to check her new contacts. Thank goodness for my awesome insurance - it covered a year's supply of her new contact lenses!!

Poor son - bored at the eye Dr.
Saturday night we took the kids to Medieval Times.  They were supposed to go for their school field trip on Friday - and they got all the way out there - but then had to turn around because of the early dismissal. I felt bad because they were looking forward to it so much that I bought the four of us tickets. It was expensive but so entertaining. It is a dinner and a live jousting tournament. And because it is "medieval times" you eat dinner with no utensils!Fun times.


Sunday the four of us went bowling for a work charity event I had signed us up for. We all bowled terrible for some reason which was surprising for as often as we bowl at the base. The event included 3 games of bowling each. We definitely need to go bowling again soon to redeem ourselves!



Then Monday rolled around and guess what?

Work was opening under a delay!?! We follow the Federal Government schedule for openings and closings and they were opening at noon due to icy weather AGAIN! I did get in a workout though while I was at home waiting - I pulled out an old school dvd - which I'll cover in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment