Monday, February 4, 2013

Weekend

Last Wednesday was my dinner night with the kids. I made their favorite - spaghetti tacos.



They saw it on a TV show (iCarly) awhile back and have always wanted to try them so last month was the 1st time I let them try it. It was a hit with them. On "spaghetti taco" nights hubby and I EITHER have spaghetti OR tacos. Although hubby did give one a try last week.

Thursday I got in one of my  two-a-day workout days! I progressed on to Week 4 Day 1 of C25K and I was able to keep up with all of the running intervals. I did have to slow my speed down a little bit but to me it was an accomplishment that I finished all the running intervals. I was very proud of myself. Hubby got home from work late that night so I squeezed in a ChaLean Extreme dvd. It was my last weight lifting dvd of the Push series. This week I will start the Lean dvds.







Friday I knew I was not going to get in a lunchtime or an evening workout so I got up early and did the ChaLean Extreme Burn Intervals dvd. It was a real struggle to get up and get started - so much so that I didn't have time to do the Abs part of the dvd because I hit the snooze button so much.



I left work an hour early to drive up to Delaware to meet hubby. He has to work one weekend a month and when he does he stays in a hotel up there rather than having to drive back and forth all weekend long since he already does it all weekday long. We ate dinner and then went to Delaware Park to play some penny slots. I was running through my money pretty quickly and getting discouraged. We walked by the craps table and somehow between hubby and the dealer I was convinced to learn the game. I started off with $100 that hubby gave to me and the dealer walked me through a lot of the rules and bets etc. Then hubby and some other people started playing and we were having a good run of it. I got up to over $250. And then like a true gambler - I gambled it all away (of course after giving hubby back his $100). We spent 3 hours at the craps table and rolled into bed around 2:30 am. Poor hubby had to be at work at 7. I slept in til about 9:30 and then threw on clothes and rushed downstairs to grab some breakfast from the free buffet before it closed. It wasn't the healthiest of breakfasts for me. I sat, ate, and caught up on a lot of my google reader blogs.


Then I headed back to up my room and lounged around - reading and watching TV until late afternoon. I finally got up and showered and dressed and went across the street to wander around TJ Maxx. That TJ Maxx had some very nice handbags, dresses and home stuff. I really do want to start decorating our house this year and giving it more of our own personal touch.

After hubby got off of work we went across the street to the dive bar. They were having a promotion party there for some people he works with. After the previous night - I really didn't feel like drinking too much so I just had a couple of Bud Light Limes. We didn't stay there too long. We were back at the hotel by 9 where we ordered dinned and went to sleep.

Sunday I woke up at 9:30 and saw that I had missed the free breakfast buffet. I lounged around in bed for awhile because I felt like I was coming down with a cold. I checked out and headed back home to Maryland at 1. I had to get the grocery list together - and it was a big one since we hadn't gone the previous week. I also tend to wander the store when I'm husband-less and kid-less at the grocery store and this was the result:



I came home and unloaded the car and started the Super Bowl cooking - all sorts of bad-for-you snack items that are a must when you're watching the Super Bowl. The kids were actually dropped off on-time and we had a nice evening of eating and watching the Baltimore Ravens win the Super Bowl! Once again I wasn't overly impressed with the commercials this year. And I honestly wasn't impressed with the half-time performance by Beyonce either. I felt like I'd seen it, heard it all before.

I had an exercise plan all mapped out for this week but because I'm feeling congested I'll have to see how much of it I can actually get done. Definitely not the way I wanted to start the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment