Thursday, February 14, 2013

Who schedules a 7:15 am dentist appointment? This girl! Why? I guess to torture myself. I think six months ago when I scheduled it I was reasoning with myself that if I scheduled an appointment at 7:15, I would be done by 7:45 and I could still be at work by 9. Well that's all noble and fine and dandy but I do have sick leave at my job AND because we're Union - part of our bargaining agreement allows us two hours at the beginning or end of the day to leave for appointments without counting against our leave. So today when I was scheduling August's appointment you better believe I scheduled it for 8 am! On another note - I still don't have any cavities. 44 years old and cavity free!

I finally got back to the gym during my lunch break. I did Week 4 Day 2 of the Couch to 5K program. It was tough - but I still managed to run every single interval (it's up to 5 minutes for some of them) - although I was pretty slow.



Initially when I got to the gym at 11:45 it was closed. I went back upstairs to my office and worked for 15 minutes - determined to get my workout in!

After my workout I ran into two of my co-workers heading out to Jimmy John's to pick up sandwiches. I didn't pack my lunch today so they offered to pick me up a sandwich. Off the top of my head I blurted out that I'd take the Vegetarian sandwich because I'm not really familiar with the menu. Well after I chowed down the whole entire thing I looked up their nutrition information from their website. Yowsers - what I thought was a healthy choice - actually ended up having 674 calories and 38 grams of fat! Even the Tuna sandwich and the BLT had less calories and fat than the veggie sandwich. Note to self - DEFINITELY check out the nutritional information BEFORE consuming restaurant food.

To level out the day I had steamed veggies and I measured out one cup of my pasta for dinner and didn't even go back for seconds! I still ended up under my calorie goal for the day which was surprising.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment