Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Mommy, we're lost

The day started as usual with me rushing around on a Monday morning. I was up later than usual for a Sunday night because my teenagers had this brilliant idea they were each going to take their showers when I told them at 11:00 that it was time for bed. By the time they were done and I had tucked them into their beds to say good night it was almost midnight. Yes - I still like to tuck my kids in to bed each night and give them a kiss goodnight. Of course since they're teenagers now they've regulated me to a kiss on the forehead or cheek.

I was the only one who had to get up and out of the house Monday morning. My mom is still in town and she is staying with the kids Monday and Tuesday while I go to work since this week is the kids' Spring Break. I did get in a lunchtime treadmill workout.  It was supposed to be Week 7 Day 3 of the Couch to 5K running plan which is a 5 minutes warm-up walk and then 25 minutes of straight running. Although I took a 1 minute walk break at the 15 minutes of running mark I still felt good about it.




Shortly after I got back to my desk my daughter called.  My mom had taken the kids for a walk in the neighborhood to get them out in some fresh air and off of their electronics. Even though we've been in the house for a year - the kids just haven't gone outside much so the 3 of them were lost. THIS spring and summer I plan to change that and force them to go outside and play more. Are they too old to "play" outside?

When I got home from work I took my mom and the kids to Ft. Meade so we could get some bowling in. We bowled 2 games. I won the 1st game

And Devin won the second game. The "diet" was totally off for the evening as we had bowling alley food for dinner - nachos and pizza. It was another late night for me but at least today is my last day of work for the week!

I'll be home with the kids Wednesday though Friday for their Spring Break. The two things I MUST accomplish during that time is to lock in Summer Camp for them and do my taxes to pay for said summer camp!

Each month Fat Mum Slim has a Photo-A-Day Challenge. I've attempted it a few times but I've never completed it. This month I'm going to attempt to participate and complete it on my blog. This should also help me to have a daily blog post!
And here is my April 1st attempt:


April 1. Play
Ever since I got this CD I've hit "play" on this song every.single.day.









No comments:

Post a Comment