Saturday, May 18, 2013

Back on track Friday

I managed to semi get back on track yesterday. I packed all my food for work and at lunchtime I went to the gym and walked random hills on the treadmill.


Unfortunately my eating was still off. I was "helping" to clean out the office refrigerator and helped myself to a big piece of leftover chocolate cake before we threw it out.

When I got home from work I had a couple of donut holes before my daughter's soccer game. 

After the soccer game - dinner was a hodge podge of less than healthy leftover items from the refrigerator - pizza, macaroni salad, alfredo... Must.Work.On.Food.  

LOVE seeing my son reading.
We picked this up on the way home - end of year required reading.

This morning was my second Ft. Meade Running Series 5K race. I was very nervous going into it since I had only worked out once in the past week and that was only a walk - not even a run.  




I started off pretty good. I told myself I wouldn't walk until I hit the water station. I thought that it was going to be at the 1 1/2 mile mark. I was wrong - it was at the 2 mile mark. I drank a little water and walked for a bit. I ended up walking 3 short times in the race. At the 33 minute mark I just had a straight away left. I pushed myself. I felt so sick. I overdid it and at 35 minutes I didn't know if I would be able to keep running or if I was going to throw up. Well - I ended up NOT throwing up AND continuing to run (slowly) and finished in 36:11! I took more than 30 seconds off of my time from last month! 



My next scheduled 5K is next SUNDAY. In Baltimore. It's a race I ran last year. The MCVET 5K. Last year's time was 37:36. This year I want to be in the 35 minute range!

No comments:

Post a Comment