Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fantastic Five Day Weekend!

The Memorial Day Weekend was awesome! I actually had a 5-day weekend. I was going to take a couple of vacation days the Thursday and Friday before the 3-day weekend but then the President of our company chartered a fishing boat for the girls (and our significant others) in the company for the day Thursday and offered his and his girlfriend's summer home to us all to stay overnight so we wouldn't have to make the 90 minute drive back home. Hubby and I were the 1st ones there. My co-worker had given us the wrong address though so here's a pic of hubby wandering around the wrong property. Good thing no one was home!

I started off just fine on the boat. I took 2 Dramamine when we got on board and I had on the motion sickness bracelets. It was a cool and windy day. Once we stopped moving and stayed in one place to fish the waves started affecting me. I was so nauseous I thought I was going to be sick. I fought it though and managed not to be sick - I even caught a fish!

Hubby and me prior to me becoming seasick.

Friday morning we woke up and headed home early to beat the holiday traffic. We hung out a bit at home and then had Date Night. We saw "The Hangover 3". I thought it was hilarious. One of my Facebook friends commented to trust the critics on this one. Maybe I have the humor of a 17 year old boy but it was pretty funny to me. I still need to see "The Hangover 2" though. I hadn't realized I had missed it until they referenced some things in this movie that obviously weren't from the 1st movie.

After the movie hubby wanted to go to Coal Fire. It was okay. They have a pretty small, basic menu of pizza, sandwiches, salads and a couple of pastas. There wasn't anything that I just HAD to have so I settled on the spaghetti and meatballs which was just "okay" tasting to me.

Saturday morning while hubby was running around doing his thing I got in a couple of brief workouts. I did the TurboFire HIIT 15 class and the TurboFire Sculpt 30 class followed by a 12 minute Prevention Abs Advantage workout.     

We spent most of Saturday afternoon into the evening at Maryland Live Casino. We were going to to attempt to play some Craps but the minimum bet there is $50! That's just crazy! We stuck to the slots. We also stuck to the amount we had budgeted to spend.

We had a late lunch/early dinner there at Bobby Flay's Restaurant - Bobby's Burger Palace where we ate just about the best darn burger we'd eaten in awhile! After we ate we hung out for a little while longer in the casino and then I stopped by The Cheesecake Factory before we went home to pick up a slice of my favorite - Red Velvet Cheesecake - to eat when I got home.  

We got home pretty early and watched a little TV before we turned in early since we had our 5K bright and early the next day.

Sunday morning we ran the MCVET 5K in Baltimore. It was EARLY - like race time STARTING at 7am - EARLY and COLD! Brrrrrrr....    

Hubby ran an awesome race and finished in 27:16. I ran a great race for me. I was hoping to be in the 35 minute area but I was tired and winded during the race and actually stopped to walk briefly 3 or 4 times. I shocked myself and finished with a 34:57 time! My fastest 5K to date!

After the race we hung around to watch the 5K awards and to see some of the 10K runners finish. The we wandered off to grab coffee and breakfast. When we got home my daughter was texting to see if her and her brother could be dropped off later than scheduled because the wanted to go to their cousins cookout. Of course I said sure. I always say sure. What am I to do? Nothing. Anyhoo.....

I wasn't going to run on Monday since I had raced on Sunday but then I saw this on Instagram. It's a Runner's Streak hosted by Runners World. The object is to run at least 1 mile every day between Memorial Day and July 4th for a total of 39 days. So after my daughter's track practice (another long, sordid tale I won't get in to) I came home to get my 1 mile run in.

I wore the Garmin watch hubby gave me for Mother's Day and I carried my phone with the Run Keeper app running AND I had on my heart rate monitor. Pretty interesting result - the watch said I ran 1.48 miles and the phone said I ran 1.15 miles. I'm going with what the watch said! I know more people use Garmin's for their accuracy so that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

After my run I came inside and did a Fitness Blender Cardio Workout too. 

By the time I was finished with my workouts and showered and dressed, hubby came home with my son. The boys had gone to see "Iron Man 3" while we were at track practice.

Hubby and I hit up the grocery store together and brought Subway subs home for a late lunch. Hubby went to the track to get his run on and I took the kids to mini golf where I finally beat lil missy!

After mini golf we stopped for some frozen yogurt and mine may or may not have been the heaviest bowl this time around. 

When we got home we weren't hungry so hubby ate his sub. Later he grilled some hotdogs for dinner and we had all the regular sides to go with them - potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans. Time to get back to recording my food in MyFitness Pal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment