Saturday, May 4, 2013

Routine and Not So Routine

Mid-afternoons I often get a craving for chocolate. At work we have a candy jar and usually 3-4 Hershey's kisses at 22 calories each will hit the spot. Thursday the candy jar was empty though so one of my friends at work shared a little of her leftover Easter candy with me.

Not bad for almost the same calories as 3 Hershey's kisses

The kids were having dinner with their dad that night and the girls from work were having an impromptu happy hour so I was actually able to make one. I hung out with the work girls for about an hour and a half. It was such a nice day we were able to sit outside on the patio. I had 2 Bud Light Limes. It's easier for me to count the calories in a bottle of beer than to estimate the amount of ounces of wine poured into a wine glass.   





On Friday I realized that I may have had a Groupon/Living Social addiction in 2012. There was a period of time last year where I was buying a lot of these "deals" left and right thinking to myself that they looked like cool places to eat, things to try or places to go. Well, I never got around to using about 99% of them on time. Fortunately expired vouchers can still be used at face value meaning I don't get the "deal" but I at least get the money off that I paid for them. So things are about to change when hubby gets back from deployment. I went through both my Living Social and Groupon accounts and totaled up how much money I have invested in these unused "deals". As much as I hate to admit it - I have $253 worth of expired Groupons and $468 worth of expired Living Socials for a grand total of $721!! What the heck was I THINKING?!? Plus I have two UNEXPIRED vouchers. I'm not buying any more "deals" until we use up this $700+ that I've spent!  Hubby and I are about to be pretty busy using up these expired vouchers through the end of this year!

After work on Friday it was soccer practice time for my daughter. I made sure to drive extra slow down the road I got the speed camera ticket so I could see where the camera is set up.

My son and I hit up our usual Starbucks after we dropped her at practice - setting me up for my next Photo-A-Day.

#fmsphotoaday May 3 - This Is Really Good

For dinner we picked up Chipotle. Since when did Chipotle start serving Patron Margaritas? It must be a County thing because I'm pretty sure we don't sell them at the Chipotle by our house.





Friday was a rest day from exercise for me. Today I revisited Turbo Fire. I did the Fire 30 dvd and then the Stretch 10 segment. I followed that up with one of the 10 minute Ab workouts on one of my old Prevention dvds. It was a shortened Pilates workout. 312 calories burned total for my workout efforts today! 





The weather was beautiful today. We went to the local high school so my son could fly his airplane out in the open space. My daughter had me take some pictures of her and then she put them together in this cool collage. 



Afterwards we hit up our favorite frozen yogurt spot. I may or may not have become a Rewards member. 




With all the money I've spent there I probably could have already gotten my first reward. For each $100 spent you get $5 off your next purchase. 

After frozen yogurt it was on to bowling at Ft Meade again. We bowled 3 games and ate junk food for dinner - mozzarella sticks, nachos, pizza because that's what you're supposed to eat at a bowling alley right?

Then we came home and watched the movie "Parental Guidance" On Demand. Billy Crystal is hilarious. The kids and I really enjoyed it. Nice, funny family movie.

Source

Tomorrow I need to get in another workout and then my daughter has a soccer game in the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment