Thursday, May 9, 2013

Today's hodge podge


I started reading a new book this week on the metro on the way into work. I have been going through books like crazy with hubby away on deployment. I haven't read any of my usual suspense/drama/mysteries though while he has been away because I am a big scaredy cat and I don't want to freak myself out at night. So I've been sticking to these silly chick lit romantic type comedy books. The last two I have read have been awful with predictable story lines and terrible writing. I have higher hopes for this one. The 1st chapter alone was funny and held my attention which is always a good sign. I usually always torment myself by forcing myself to finish books I know aren't going to be very good just so I can know how the story ends. This year so far I've read 12 books and the goal I had set for myself on Goodreads was 13! I guess I should up my goal.

Hissy Fit
Source

Tuesday's lunchtime workout was two YouTube Fitness Blender workouts. The Upper Body Functional Strength Training Workout was a pretty good workout once I got myself set up and figured out how to go from move-to-move while I was in the gym. I hate the fact that I really don't burn many calories when I'm doing strength training workouts. The first video took me 34 minutes and I only burned 86 calories. The second workout was just some stretching. That one was 11 minutes and burned a whopping 16 calories. So basically I earned myself an extra measly 102 calories to add to the already low amount of calories I consume on a daily basis (which is 1,200). Needless to say I went over my calories on MyFitness Pal for the day.   


#fmsphotoaday - May - 7 - Something Beginning With F (Fitness Blender) 

After work Tuesday I had stopped at the store to do my grocery shopping. I picked up two of the Vitalicious VitaPizzas I had read about on Hungry Girl




I decided to have on for dinner since it was later than usual for my dinner and this seemed like a quick option. All I can say is ewwwww.... it was not good at all. It tasted like any other frozen "healthy" pizza. I think in the future if I want pizza I'll just eat pizza. There's no sense in trying to save myself some calories by eating something nasty. Now I'm stuck with one more of these in my freezer. 

Doesn't look too appetizing does it?


For Wednesday's lunchtime workout I hopped on the treadmill for a run. I started with a 3 minute warm-up walk, ran 20 minutes straight, took a 1 minute walk break and then ran the last 6 minutes. One day I'll be able to run the whole 30 minutes without walking. Friday's goal will be to complete 2.5 miles during the 30 minutes.


And then later that evening - because I was procrastinating on the cleaning I want to get done before hubby gets home - I decided to do a 2nd workout. I did the TurboFire HIIT 20 class which was decent. I couldn't fully complete a few of the sequences but not because I was lost as in the Fire 55 and Fire 45 dvds but because I couldn't move fast enough to keep up. This is one I'll keep in the rotation though and I'm sure I'll get better at it. Since the workout was only 20 minutes I went ahead and did a You Tube Fitness Blender HIIT workout too. This one says it's for beginner's in the title but it still got my heart pumping. The only thing beginner about it was that the moves are some basic cardio moves like jumping jacks but the intensity is still there. I was a sweaty mess by the time it was done.



By the time I finished my workouts it was late so I threw together a protein smoothie to tide me over while I was making myself a light dinner, packing my food for work the next day and preparing dinner for my dinner night with the kids on Thursday night. 

I put the items below along with some ice cubes in my Magic Bullet and ended up with a huge protein shake. I wasn't even hungry for dinner by the time I finished it. The bananas are in a baggy because when they start to go bad I slice them up and store them in the freezer for smoothies.




And woo-hoo - my new passport came - I had to change the name on my passport to my married name! I am officially ready for our vacation in July now. Hurry up July!!







This morning's weigh-in provided a little good news. I was down .4 lbs - at least it wasn't up! It really is a shame that I've now lost 8 lbs since hubby has been away and my tracker is showing that I've only lost 1 lb since I gained so much weight over the past year.

One of my co-workers that comes to the gym with me occasionally mentioned the other day in the locker room how much smaller I look. I can't wait for hubby to see the difference!




I follow a lot of miscellaneous blogs to pick up new ideas on various things and this caught my eye on the Healthy Living Blogs website. How cool is this? It's a free website called OhLife  and it helps you to keep an on-line journal. I signed up and I'm going to give it a try. 














No comments:

Post a Comment