Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Tragedy

My heart breaks once again. This time for all of the people in Oklahoma that have been affected by the tornado that hit. At least 51 people have been killed including 20 children. Two elementary schools were hit. One was leveled. I can't imagine the terror the parents felt knowing that their children were in those school. Once again I read about the bravery of the teachers that  put themselves in harms way to protect their students. Reading the news stories brings tears to my eyes. So much devastation in this world - natural and man made. When will we get a break?

Hubby and I had a quiet evening. We had our own little happy hour outside on our back patio. When I got home from work he had a plate of cheese, crackers and turkey pepperoni waiting and a Bud Light Lime. We talked and caught up for a couple of hours before we went inside for dinner.

We ate leftovers and started watching some of the 22 episodes of the tv show "Scandal" in the dvr. I have the whole season recorded and have waited for hubby to get back from deployment so we could watch the whole season together. We watched 2 episodes and I must say I can see what all the hype us about. It's a fast-moving interesting show. Hopefully we get two more episodes in tonight.

Yesterday's workout was a lunchtime treadmill run. I did a 2 minute warm-up walk and then ran (with 2 one-minute walk breaks) the next 30 minutes.


2 1/2 miles in 32 minutes - not too shabby for me. I'm hoping to get in that 3.1 miles during my lunchtime break before the summer is over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment