Monday, May 20, 2013

Weekend fun

Saturday afternoon I pulled out one of the expired Groupons I had for Monster Mini Golf. The original deal was for Four Rounds of Mini Golf at a glow-in-the-dark indoor mini golf place. The deal had expired so the face value I was entitled to was the paid value of $18. They ended up giving me the full value of the Groupon because they said they had been closed when the Groupon was first issued. We ended up getting to play for free for all four of us! Maybe I'll get lucky and have that same type of luck with some of my other expired Groupons and Living Socials. 

The 18th Hole. Kinda scary huh?

Afterwards we went to lunch at Houlihan's. One of them just opened near my house and I really wanted to go but the one we went to was closer to the mini golf place. We started with the chicken nachos which were soooooo good - or I was just really hungry. I had a Bud Light Lime with mine and then ordered a bacon cheeseburger. I had filled up so much on the appetizer I was barely even able to finish my burger. 

The kids are ordering off of the adult menu now but barely able to finish half their food. Hubby offered to pay. Geesh - lunch for 4 was about $85 BEFORE the tip. These kids are going to need to get jobs soon! lol

After lunch we went over to the base for some bowling. They have a special for 2 1/2 hours of bowling, shoe rental and a pitcher of soda for $40! We got through 3 games of bowling in those 2 1/2 hours but boy were my legs and arm hurting by the time we were finished. 


Sunday morning I sorted through stacks and stacks of paper - shredding and filing. I did laundry and went to the grocery store. I even attempted to do a Turbo Fire workout. The one I chose I was not a fan of. I figured since my legs were still sore from my race Saturday I would do the Core 20 and Stretch 40 classes. 

The Core 20 was a yawn-fest to me. It was Core work with a band and half the time I was having problems getting the band wrapped around my foot tight enough to add resistance. The next time Core 20 comes up in my exercise rotation I'm going to sub out a Pilates or Fitness Blender Ab workout. The Stretch 40 workout was basically yoga. By the time I started it I really wasn't motivated or in the mood to workout as my head was already working out the details for Sunday dinner. I don't think the Stretch 40 was a BAD workout, I just think I wasn't in the right mindset. I only ended up doing about 10 minutes of it. 


Since the kids were staying with us an extra night instead of being dropped off at their dad's - I made a big (almost) traditional type dinner while hubby and the kids were outside playing with hubby's race car that he brought back with him from his deployment. 

I baked some cheddar garlic biscuits (from a package), scalloped potatoes (from another package) and warmed up some Jennie-O Turkey Ham and microwaved some veggies. It was actually a really good dinner! 

After dinner we caught up on "The Voice" from the dvr while I flat-ironed my daughter's hair. After the kiddos went to bed hubby and I watched the last hour of the Billboard Music Awards. I was waiting to see my man Prince perform and of course he was the very last performance. I can't believe he is 54 years old!

It was a great, family-oriented, relaxing and fun weekend all in one. I'm excited that I only have 3 days of work to get through this week and then I get a nice long 5 day weekend!   

No comments:

Post a Comment