Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Food Relapse

I'm still plugging along and sticking with my Runners World Run Streak and adding in an occasional additional workout - but my eating since Friday night has been less than stellar and I need to reign it in if I want to lose this belly!

Friday morning I woke up and did a Tae Bo dvd before I went to work. That little Amplifier Bar is still kicking my booty and I REALLY need to schedule in some more arm workouts. 



At lunchtime I went to the gym. I went with the intention of ONLY doing my mile run to get it out of the way but after that mile I think the endorphins kicked in and I wanted to do more so I did a 1 mile speed walk on rolling hills. 


That evening started the decline of my eating. It was stormy weather out and I had bought hubby and I some frozen pizzas so we wouldn't have to go out in it. I bought him a DiGiorno's pepperoni pizza and me a Newman's Own white pizza with spinach. I had a little of both. But then I went back and had a little more of both. And then I went back and had a little more of hubby's...

Saturday morning we were up bright and early for the kids' track meet. I got in Day 13 of my Run Streak before we left the house.










Me and my son at his track meet
We spent 7 hours in the sun at the track meet.  My best girlfriend came over to hang out with us for the evening. I hadn't eaten anything in the morning. At the track meet hubby and I split a wings/fries basket and for dinner hubby had put some scallops wrapped in bacon on the grill and I had some chips and dip. Along with drinks...  



Hubby getting the deck ready


Sunday morning I made it over to the nail salon to get my toes and fingers done.



When I got home I put together a grocery list. Then hubby and I headed over to Ft Meade to do some running. I dropped hubby at the gate and he ran to the track. He's training for a 12 mile run in August. I'm just trying to keep my run streak alive. 

I drove myself to the track and ran around it. 2 miles. 24 minutes. 1st mile was non-stop in 11 minutes. 2nd mile was 13 minutes with plenty of walk breaks. It was hot. 


After the track we went to the commissary to take care of the grocery list. I had picked up a frozen lasagna for dinner but when we got it home I realized it was the wrong one. It wasn't the one that you half microwave/half bake. This was the full bake one that was going to take an hour and 45 minutes. We ordered pizza and wings while the pizza baked. I ate plenty of pizza and wings.

Monday hubby was off from work with the kiddos - school got out on Friday and the summer camps haven't started yet.

During lunch I jumped on the treadmill and got in my mile run and then did another mile and a half run/walk. I have another 5K coming up on Saturday! 

This should read Run Streak Day 15



Track practice was cancelled due to the weather. 



For dinner I ate lasagna. Too much. I didn't measure it out. It was yummy! I also ate TWO 90 calorie Snickers ice cream bars...

Tuesday morning I was up and out of the house by 6:15am to start my half-day schedule for the remainder of this week. I'm working 8-12 so that I can be home in the afternoons with the kids. This means no morning workouts, no lunchtime workouts, gotta squeeze in any workouts I can.

When I got home Tuesday the kids were still lounging around in their pajamas, playing on their electronics. I ate leftover pizza and candy my son had. Then I joined the electronic lounging with the kids. I finally made myself get up of the couch for my mile run. It was hot.




























After my run I showered and brought the kids to track practice. Practice is from 6-8 so after practice the kids (and I) are always starving. We went to Chipotle afterwards and got chicken burrito bowls. They were out of guacamole. Can you believe it? A Chipotle OUT OF guacamole? What in the world? Lucky for me I had a Wholly Guacamole in the freezer I was able to dethaw and add it to my bowl. PLUS it was one of the 100 calorie packs for the win! 





But afterwards I found myself back at that Snickers Ice Cream box and ate THREE of those suckers! Self control, self control, wherefore art thou self control? I didn't even log onto MyFitness Pal all day. 

At track practice I finished my book "Some Kind of Wonderful". It was perfect summer reading - a nice, cutesy love story. And then I even started a new book "Diary of a Mad Fat Girl" by Stephanie McAfee

Source

Here's a brief description from Amazon: 

Graciela "Ace" Jones is mad-mad at her best friend Lilly who cancels their annual trip to Panama City for mysterious reasons; at her boss Catherine for "riding her ass like a fat lady on a Rascal scooter;" at her friend Chloe's abusive husband; and especially at Mason McKenzie, the love of her life, who has shown up with a marriage proposal one year too late. Ace is never mad, though, at her near-constant companion, an adorable chiweenie dog named Buster Loo.

Ace's anger begins to dissipate as she takes matters into her own hands to take down Chloe's philandering husband-and to get to the bottom of a multitude of other scandals plaguing Bugtussle, Mississippi. Then, she starts to realize that maybe Mason deserves a second chance after all.

With a sharp and distinctive voice, Stephanie McAfee delivers a hilarious and fast-paced tale about Ace Jones and her two best friends-thick as thieves and tough as nails-navigating Southern small-town politics and prejudices, finding love, and standing up for each other all the way.

After this book I may start a mystery. I'm definitely getting a lot of reading in this year. In the meantime my magazine stack is building up. Good thing we're taking vacation in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment