Thursday, June 20, 2013

I finished my last book "Diary of a Mad Fat Girl" a couple of days ago which was absolutely hilarious and then I switched gears by starting this new book: 


Description from Barnes and Noble:

Overview



Ever since photographer Lacy Maguire caught her ex playing Pin the Secretary to the Elevator Wall, she's been content with her dog Fabio, her three cats, and a vow of chastity. But all of that changes when the reindeer-antlered Fabio drags in a very desperate, on-the-run detective who decides to take refuge in her house -- a house filled with twinkling lights and a decorated tree. (Okay, so it's February, but she has a broken heart to mend, a Christmas-card shoot to do, and a six-times divorced, match-making mother to appease.) For the first time in a looooong while, Lacy reconsiders her vow. Because sexy Chase Kelly, wounded soul that he may be, would be an oh-so-delicious way of breaking her fast. Now, if she can just keep them both alive and him out of jail....

Every girl needs a trashy novel to read during the summer months.

Tuesday's lunchtime workout was cut short. I ran my one mile on the treadmill and then I attempted to do a You Tube Fitness Blender Arms workout but the video kept buffering on my phone. It got so frustrating I just stopped the video and ended my workout early. I need to download some workouts to my ipad and bring it to the gym with me for additional workout ideas.





Tuesday evening hubby and I went to the base with every intention of going to the PX and then the Commissary. We did make it to the PX. But after we loaded those bags in the car we made a pit stop at the Lounge for a beer. We sat on the back deck and got to talking and planning our vacation this summer with the kids. Next thing we know - the commissary is closed and we're still out there yapping away. We stayed pretty late and ended up going through McDonald's drive-thru on the way home. I can't remember the last time I ate a Quarter Pounder with cheese but it was DELICIOUS. Or - I was just starving.

I found a new app I'm going to give a try called "pocket". 









I downloaded it to my iphone and ipad. This could come in really handy for someone like me who reads a lot of articles on-line. Sometimes I just don't have the time to read a whole article so this allows me to save it to my "pocket" to read at a later time. Maybe it will also help me clear out my email inbox because sometimes I end up saving emails as "Unread" in my inbox just to force myself to go back and read an attached link or article when I have some down time.

Last night (Wednesday) was my night for dinner with the kids. Since we hadn't been to the grocery store still for the week and hubby was flying late - I brought the kiddos to Wegman's for their hot bar. I TRIED to be as good as I could. But well.... 

I ended up with a healthy enough salad. But then I added a spoonful of egg salad and a spoonful of tuna salad. Just to taste it. I grabbed the smallest container for my entree. I didn't want to get too full since I had planned to run a mile after I dropped the kiddos back with their dad. I scooped up a little fried rice, a hot wing, a sesame chicken piece and a boneless wing. I definitely could have made some healthier choices but I had been set on having sushi (California Rolls) when I walked in there but they were out of them so I had to figure out a Plan B on the fly.





After we ate and watched a little "America's Got Talent" I brought them back to their dad's house. By the time I got back to my neighborhood it was after 9:00 and dark outside so I went to the gym for my mile run. 


Includes warm up and cool down walks and stretching.

When I got home from the gym I called my mom and talked to her for a little while and then to my hubby on part of his drive home. I finally showered and climbed into bed late. I really need to catch-up on some much needed sleep soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment