Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Week of Workouts

Tuesday morning I woke up early and did a TurboFire HIIT workout.


That same during lunch I got in my 1 mile run on the treadmill and I did two Fitness Blender workouts. The first one was called "Leg Slimming Pilates Butt & Thigh" and the second one was "Lower Body Stretches" - just working on my legs - trying to tone them up for shorts season!


After work the kids had track practice but it was called short an hour into it due to thunder.  It was hot as heck too! Next time I may have to bring a change of clothes to work to put on for practice so I'm not sweating to death in my work dress and flip flops!





Wednesday morning I got up early AGAIN and did ANOTHER workout! I did the Fitness Blender Total Body Boot Camp which was tough - but a good tough! And I followed that up with the 20 Minute Home Abdominal Workout. Gotta get that stomach in shape for the summer too! No hiding behind baggy sweaters and tops! 




My plan at lunch was to just get in my 1 mile run but my friend from work wanted to come to the gym with me so I did a 3 minute warm-up walk and then 30 minutes of running with a couple of walk breaks.
  


Thursday morning there wasn't any getting up early for me! I was sleepy! I did get in a lunchtime workout though! I did my 1 mile run for the run streak and then I walked for 20 minutes on random hills. 



Thursday evening was another long night of track practice. This time it was the full practice from 6-8pm and it was hot as heck - AGAIN! I was pretty miserable sitting on those medal bleachers. The library next door was closed. Mid-way through practice I had to get in my car and drive to the closest grocery store just to go to the bathroom!

Friday morning I did something I've never done before - I woke up and went for a run OUTSIDE, BY MYSELF, BEFORE WORK. I wanted Friday to be my rest day but I also wanted to continue my run streak so I got up to get in the 1 mile before I got the kids up! It really wasn't that bad.





I had an ear doctor appointment Friday morning so I stopped at Starbucks with my hour to kill between dropping the kids at school and the ear appointment.  



I read this comment on Instagram and it made me feel AWESOME! Me? Inspiring others? WOW!


Hubby had drill this weekend and was going to stay in Delaware so he wouldn't have to drive back and forth. He asked me to water the plants. My memory is AWFUL so I've found myself setting individual alarms to remind myself of important things. Whatever it takes to stay on top of things!



After work the kids and I had to run around looking for track spikes at the last minute. Their father claims he'll pay me for 1/2 of them. He better too - I've spent more money on an activity that I didn't even sign the kids up for than I even want to mention! When we got home this is what one of the plants looked like. Poor plant. I don't think it's liking this mini heat wave!


There was no rest for the weary. Saturday morning I had to get up at 5:30am to prep for the kids first track meet - packing enough liquids and snacks for us all to survive the heat. Here's my cuties - pre-meet. My poor son just really doesn't want to run track at all and his father is forcing him to. I feel awful for him.





I always try to follow the FatMumSlim PhotoADay challenge each month. They always look so interesting. Then I come upon one day where I either just plain forget or can't think of anything to take a picture of and then that one day becomes two days which becomes three days, etc. This is a new month though so I'm going to give it another try.



And here is my first entry for June:



#fmsphotoaday - June 1 - B is for... BASEBALL HAT

After 8 hours outside in the burning hot heat for the track meet - mama needed a nap! When we got home we ate Chipotle for lunch/dinner and then I took a much needed hour long nap. When I woke up I planned to just go for my 1 mile run-streak run but as I started running I realized I wanted more of a workout than that so I pushed myself to do 2 miles! AND it was still pretty warm out. Can it be - am I starting to actually not mind outdoor running?  


I was such a sweaty, hot mess when I got home but it was totally worth it to get my workout in and done for the day. 

The rest of the evening was a quiet one with the kids. They were exhausted and just wanted to be lazy. We watched shows in the dvr and my daughter had me blow dry and flat iron her hair after she washed it.

Overall I had a FANTASTIC workout week! I'm very proud of myself. The scale isn't where I want it to be but I'm sticking to the only weighing myself once a week thing. All I know is my clothes are feeling better and I'm feeling more confident about my body. I even wore SHORTS to the track meet yesterday. And last night I wore a new running skirt!  I think if I clean-up my eating more I'll see the results I want to in my mid-section!

No comments:

Post a Comment