Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 24 - June 27

Okay - this posted out of order. It was SUPPOSED to be before the weekend posts. Oh well...

This week was the first week of the kid's Teen Summer Camp. The camp hours are from 8:30-4 so I was able to get in some morning workouts.

Monday morning I dusted off my old Biggest Loser dvd. I did the Strength & Sculpt segment followed by the Bootcamp segment. The workouts themselves weren't bad but one of the cast mates from the show was a little annoying. I'm not ready to donate the dvd yet - maybe next time I'll try it on mute and play my own music. 

I hate that I burn so few calories when I do strength workouts

Since hubby was off on Monday he was able to pick the kids up from camp so I was able to stay at work until 5. During my lunch break I hopped on the treadmill for a 2 mile run.


Hubby brought the kids to track practice and I met them there. It was hot as heck! Nothing like sitting on metal bleachers in my work dress and flip flops.


The kiddos running stairs

After practice we stopped at Old Navy and Target. My daughter wanted to get some denim shorts for the summer. In past summers she has always just worn athletic shorts. Could this pre-teen be turning girly on me all of a sudden?

While we were at Target - this happened:

These are delicious and too dangerous for me to ever have in the house again! Enough said.

Tuesday morning I was up early for a TurboFire workout followed by my one mile run before camp drop off.



I finished the book I was reading "Divorced, Desperate and Delicious". It was just okay. It was kind of racy and pretty predictable, but it did have some laugh out loud moments. 

I started "Menopause In Manhattan". Although I'm not 50 it looks like a good read and a change of pace from what I've been reading lately.



Menopause in Manhattan
Source

Overview

This captivating story offers an insider's eye into a world of publishing, interior design, fashion and food.
As Elie Sands turns 50, she seems to have it all - a fabulous job as editor of an interior design magazine, a handsome, rich husband and two lovely daughters. She lives in a Central Park co-op and owns a home in the Hamptons. Her close friends are: Syd - the stunning 60 year-old who lives in the penthouse and follows her instincts without a care for the opinions of others, and Michael - the gay designer who is fastidious, flamboyant and wildly entertaining.
Life in the middle-aged lane seems to be gliding along just fine for these three Manhattanites, until bad news arrives. How they cope with their individual challenges and reassess their future is the essence of this novel, told in a witty and insightful manner.

Wednesday morning before summer camp drop off I got in TWO Chalene Johnson workouts - TurboFire HIIT 15 and ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit 1.



Since it was the kids' night for dinner with their dad and he was going to pick them up from camp I was able to work til 5pm again so used my lunch break to run one mile and then do a 20 minute run/walk interval.


Thursday the kids were going to Hershey Park for the day with their summer camp. I had to drop them off BY 7am which pained us all and then I didn't have to pick them up until 7pm. Needless to say, there was no morning workout for me and I didn't even workout at lunch because I was so sleepy from getting up so early. When we got home though I did go out for my one mile run - less than 11 minutes too!!




No comments:

Post a Comment