Tuesday, July 2, 2013

June 29 - June 30

Hubby and I had a fun weekend with the kiddos. Saturday afternoon we went to show them what RV's look like on the inside since we went ahead and put the deposit down on one for our summer vacation with the kids in August.




After the RV stop we went to Ft Meade for some bowling. They have a special for 2 1/2 fours of bowling, a large pizza, a pitcher of soda and shoe rental - all for $50. Can't beat it! 

After bowling we went to play mini golf.

My daughter tried to get a picture of me and hubby but the sun was to our back so you can't really see our faces.









After mini golf we went for ice cream and then came home and put some turkey burgers on the grill.

My silly daughter in my Redskins hat


My sill hubby wanted in on the picture action

Sunday the kids wanted to go see the movie "White House Down" with Channing Tatum and Jamie Foxx.

White House Down (2013) Poster
Source
It was just "eh" to me. Very violent. Not the gory violent but a lot of gun action, fighting, and bombs. Not my first choice but it is rare that they both want to see the same movie so I figured why not. Hubby chose to stay home and tackle some projects around the house. Smart man.

Before the movie I set out for one mile run. After a mile I was feeling so good - even though it was hot - that I aimed for 1 1/2 miles. When I hit the mile and a half my next goal was to make it to two miles. Unfortunately at mile 1.8 I hit a hill I just didn't feel like tackling in that heat so I stopped my run and my RunKeeper app and walked up the hill as my cool down.

I have to say - that was a run I enjoyed. As I get to the end of this run streak it has been hard at times to force myself to just do a mile. It was a nice surprise to find myself WANTING to do more than that mile. 




No comments:

Post a Comment