Monday, July 29, 2013

The Weekend 07.26 to 07.28

Friday was the last day I had to leave work early on my "revised" kid summer schedule! My stomach still wasn't feeling that great from our Jamaican vacation so I went home and took a nap. 

When I woke up some mom guilt kicked in at not having anything "fun" planned all week with the kids. Battling stomach issues is bad enough but I really always tried to stay close to home when I wasn't at work. But Friday evening I decided to take the kids out to dinner at the restaurant of their choice.

They chose my old favorite: Carrabas 



Hubby passed on dinner out so that he could get the lawn mowed before the weekend since he was starting to feel better. The kiddos and I headed out pretty early and were at dinner by about 5pm. I LOVE not having to wait to be seated on a Friday evening!


I scanned the menu, trying my hardest to find something that would be gentle on my stomach. The kids ordered mozzarella sticks as an appetizer. I ate one. Then my Caesar salad came. In retrospect - not a very smart idea to order a salad when I was still dealing with tummy issues. After the salad my order of spaghetti and meatballs came. I was so full from the salad I was only able to eat one meatball and a few forkfuls of spaghetti.



My daughter ordered the Chicken Parmesan. The plate is just about as big as her! She ate most of the pasta and a few bites of one of the pieces of chicken.

My son ordered the Manicotti which was a more normal size but he still wasn't able to finish his either.

We ended up taking a bunch of food home with us. I ordered hubby a "To-Go" meal as we were finishing up. The grand total for our 4 meals plus tip was $102!!! No WONDER I don't go to Carrabba's much anymore - ESPECIALLY with two teenagers that eat off of the adult menu!



When we got home we watched "Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition" On Demand. That was a show all four of enjoyed watching and ended up watching two more episodes throughout the weekend.

Saturday morning I felt like my stomach had blown up. It definitely wasn't ready for Carrabba's! I skipped out on my Bootcamp class. I didn't even call. I didn't even feel guilty for not calling. The more I thought about the way class turned out the other day, the more comfortable I am with not going to anymore of the classes. At least it was just a Groupon. It was supposed to be for 10 Bootcamp classes. I paid $19 for it. I got 2 classes out of it. Oh well - I'm moving on...

Saturday I did some lounging and napping - trying to get my stomach settled. The mommy guilt kicked again so we decided to take the kids to Ft Meade for some bowling - AFTER I had to drive them to their dad's house to let them let their dog out since he was out of town and didn't make other arrangements - grrrrrr that man irritates me. REALLY? **I** have to go out of MY way ON A WEEKEND to let out the dog he bought the kids? Ugh!

We only did the one-hour Unlimited Bowling package for $22 for a family of four (which includes shoe rentals). I didn't trust my stomach to be able to handle the normal 2 1/2 hour package we normally get. 

My son had mozzarella sticks, my daughter had chips, I sipped on a Diet Coke because I was getting a headache from not having coffee for two days.

When we got home I ate my leftover Carrabba's spaghetti and meatballs and it actually stayed in!! Minor victory!

Sunday morning I did some meal planning/couponing/grocery list writing... I came upstairs to this:  




Hubby was changing the sheets on our bed in his dreds hat and listening to reggae. He's such a cutie. He makes me smile every day. I'm truly lucky.

At 4:30 the ex-husband sends a text to the kids to ask if I can drop them off at 7:30 rather than 6 because he's stuck in traffic coming back to town. Frustrating.Beyond.Belief. 

I still had to make dinner though for me and hubs. It wasn't going to be ready in time for the kids to be able to eat so I had to heat up some leftovers for them before I dropped them off.

By the time I got home from the drop off - dinner was ready. I didn't take a plated picture but here's a picture of the leftovers in the plastic container. It was delicious! It was chicken breasts cooked individually in foil wraps with red peppers and onions in a spice rub topped with salsa and cheese. We served it with brown rice and have enough for leftovers later this week.    




But right before bed my tummy rebelled against me. I don't know if it was because of the quantity of food I ate or because I added coffee back into my diet earlier in the day. Or maybe it was the Girl Scout cookies my son and I ate. Anyway, I thought my tummy was better, obviously it wasn't so this week I needed to ease foods back into my diet a little slower probably.



No comments:

Post a Comment