Wednesday, August 14, 2013

August 11

My son is a movie FANATIC! He wants to see practically every movie that comes out. He's also a pretty avid reader and had read this whole series. He had begged me to take him to see the new Percy Jackson movie so I set my alarm on Sunday morning for early - AGAIN - 3 days in a  row of having to wake up early - ugh!

We headed out to catch the 10:40 am movie. On the way there in the car he filled me in a little on the story line so I wouldn't be completely lost since I didn't see the first one. I tried to be good and packed my own snacks in my purse. I brought a string cheese, a 100 calorie pack of almonds and a baggie of grapes/strawberries/blueberries. But then my son asked for popcorn. I ordered the small. The cashier said "it's only a dollar more for the medium". So I gave in and ordered the medium. Of course he needed help eating it. Of course, right? So I ate what was probably about half the bag and then I still ate the snacks in my purse.  



Mother son movie date

Mini-me had no desire to see the movie so she volunteered to stay home and hang out with her step dad while he recuperated from his race. They were watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off when we got home. Of course hubby hadn't taken it easy though. He was in the midst of laundry and had already cleaned the bathrooms and vacuumed the floors.

For lunch I was dying to go to Red Robin. A new one had opened up near our house while we were on vacation so of course I had to go check it out. And of course I had to get the Bottomless Fries. Best.Idea.Ever!  



Love this picture of mini-me



After stuffing ourselves we headed back home. All of us helped put away our laundry and while I was putting away mine I got a jump start on the week and actually pulled out my clothes for the work week!

We were still full after I got back from the kids off at their dad's house so we didn't even eat dinner that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment