Wednesday, August 21, 2013

August 19 - First Day of School

Here they are - my not-so-little 8th graders. I can't believe this is their last year of middle school and next year they will be in HIGH SCHOOL! Ack! Where does the time go?

With their backpacks on

With their backpacks off

With the start of the school year I feel like **I** can finally get back on track, finally get back to my schedule. All summer I was juggling work/the kids/summer camp/vacations... and now I'm back to just work and the kids - but with a SCHEDULE!

It was nice to actually have groceries from our big shopping trip and bring in food for the day instead of having to spend money eating out.   

Finished off the last of the mini bagels from our RV trip. Normally I buy the wheat ones.

Today on the 10K running schedule it called for a 2 mile run. I got 'er done on the treadmill during lunchtime. Slow (11:39 average pace), but done - and I didn't have to walk at all!!



Lunch was a Morningstar Farms Spicy Black Bean Burger on a Whole Grain Sandwich Thin with mustard, and a Chobani Bites with a 100 cal pack of almonds mixed in.




After work the kids and I headed to Old Navy. The son has decided to change his look for the school year. The past two summers he has worn nothing but the long athletic shorts with a t-shirt. Well this school year he had decided he wants to wear some CARGO SHORTS and collared shirts. Oh boy - there must be a little girl involved... 



Daughter and I waiting on son in Old Navy dressing room area

For dinner I had cooked some chicken in the crockpot and then we had veggies and hubby made a box of Pasta Roni. I know, I know... the processed stuff. I know there are working moms out there that can somehow always have a completely homemade, non-processed meal on the table for their families - but that's not me. I do the best that I can and I'm happy with that. Yes we do rely on some convenience foods for dinner but I always make sure we have a vegetable with our dinner. Hubby, me and the kids are all healthy individuals and I do the best I can to try to serve us balanced meals. It takes hubby and me about 1 1/2 hours each to get home from work so I do try to pre-cook meals when I can.   


I've stopped reading my ipad on the metro. There has been an increase in the amount of ipads and iphones stolen on the metro lately so I've been keeping them in my bag during my ride. To bide my time I've been catching up on my ever-growing stack of magazines.

Here's a pretty cool idea I saw in one of them. We have tons of pictures and frames, but hardly any of them are up. It's time to start getting crafty!



No comments:

Post a Comment