Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 20 - New Workout App


I've been eyeing this App for a couple of weeks Called "Fitness Class" in the itunes store. I want to add variety to my lunchtime workouts. I used to be able to do Fitness Blender You Tube videos from my old Droid phone downstairs in the gym in my office building. But ever since I got my new iphone You Tube constantly buffers which can be quite annoying when you're trying to follow a workout.

This App is free to install and has a few free workouts but in order to download any workouts to my ipad I had to buy a pass. It's $9.99 for one month or $69.99 for the year. I went with the one month option initially so I could test it out to see if I have any buffering problems and to see just how often I use it and how often they add new workouts.

The first class I did was called "Bootcamp Basics". It was very basic - no music, no background - just a guy giving instructions and doing the workout. It was a pretty decent workout though and I'll probably do it again. It was 30 minutes and then I jumped on the treadmill for a 3 minute run so that I could have at least a 200 calorie burn. The bootcamp only burned around 180 calories.  





No comments:

Post a Comment