Monday, August 26, 2013

August 22 - August 25 Weekend Recap plus a Couple of Days Prior

Thursday's lunchtime workout was a HIIT workout by Cathe Friedrich from my Fitness Class App that I had downloaded to my ipad. It was a good one. It was tough and I was a sweaty mess by the end of it!




I tried a new-to-me Chobani Bites flavor - Mint with Dark Chocolate Chips. It was pretty good too. The Raspberry with Dark Chocolate is still my favorite though.


Friday morning I weighed in. I didn't lose one single freaking pound. Ugh.  I know it's my eating. I really need to start eating more "clean". I ran across an interesting article from Prevention Magazine listing the 100 cleanest packaged foods. I took some notes and am looking to expand into the world of cleaner eating:


Friday's 10K training plan run was a 27 minute run - 2.36 miles, 11:25 average pace



After work the kids had text me asking if I could bring them to the movies to meet their friends that night at 6:45. I still can't believe I'm getting to the age where I am chauffeuring my teenagers around for Friday night activities!

I took them to Ruby Tuesday's for dinner first while hubby did yard work. Then I drove home to hangout with hubby for a little while and had to turn right around to pick the kids up and then head home again. I almost can't wait for them to start driving! Careful what I ask for right? 

Saturday morning started bright and early for me. I had made an 8am appointment at the car dealership to have my car serviced. I figured if I made the appointment for really early they wouldn't be too backed up and I could get out of there pretty fast.

Unfortunately - this was the line I was in when I pulled up!



I did come armed though - I had my Starbucks, a magazine and my ipad. They had free wifi for the win!

I was out of there in about an hour.

Since it was still pretty early and I knew the kids would still be asleep (hubby was doing his man stuff - car wash and lawn work) I decided to run some errands. I stopped by the dry cleaner and I stopped by Aldi grocery store.

I had been to Aldi once before years ago and was totally turned off by it because I had to pay a 25 cent shopping cart deposit and then they didn't have much name brand merchandise. It just wasn't what I was expecting. This time I knew I could count on good prices for produce and meat. I still paid my lil 25 cent deposit and ventured in. I'm glad I did. I got some REALLY good deals on produce, meat and fish.

Afterwards I wandered next door to Mom's Organic Market. It's a nice store, but VERY pricey. I walked away with just 3 Luna bars and 3 new-to-me greek yogurts for a total bill of almost $13!

My final stop before I went home was to drop off a bag of clothes at Goodwill that I had been travelling around with in my trunk for 2 months!

When I got home the kids were just wandering down the stairs to find breakfast so I changed my clothes and got in a workout. I did TurboFire HIIT 25 class followed by ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit 2.




I had a full day planned foe us so after my workout I had to hurry and shower and get dressed. 

Our first stop was Buffalo Wild Wings. My daughter had mentioned earlier in the week that she had never been to one so she was excited to be able to experience it. She LOVES wings and was even adventurous to try the HOT wings which were definitely HOT. Hubby and son wouldn't even try one of them. I almost burned my lips off trying one.







After we ate we went to the Maryland Soccer Plex. The Wounded Warriors Soccer Team was having an exhibition match against The National Amputee Soccer Team. I had heard about the event the night before on the radio and thought it would be a good thing for the four of us to see. It was AMAZING to see these players be able to competitively play soccer. One of the goalies was a double amputee! At half time the announcer asked for all veterans to stand and the local kid soccer clubs presented a medal to all the veterans in attendance (including hubby. He was very touched).  




When that game was over we stayed a little bit longer at the request of my daughter to watch the high school girls play their soccer game. By then it was getting late but I was determined to get in a game of bowling with my family so I drove all the way to Fort Meade (thank goodness for the new Intercounty Connector - ICC - which saved me about 10 minutes). Originally we were just going to bowl one game but somehow I got talked into bowling THREE games! I was on fire one game and bowled my highest score EVER - a 170!



It turned out to be a pretty late night. I was so happy to be able to sleep in on Sunday.

Hubby and I were out on the back deck Sunday morning having coffee and just talking when my son peeked his head out and joined us. He sat and chatted with us for quite awhile which was pretty darn cool.

Then it was time for hubby and I to start tackling our to-do lists. I had a little cleaning to do and some errands on mine - to include a trip to Trader Joe's and Target with my mini me. I pretty much stuck to my list and didn't overspend which was a feat in itself!

Once we got home I still had to get in my 10K training run which was a 3 mile run.

Hubby came with me and looped down some side streets here and there. I ended up doing my 3 miles in 36 minutes and he did 4 miles in 38 minutes! I had to stop and walk a lot more than I wanted. I hadn't run outside in awhile plus it was little too hot for me. I do need to try to run outdoors more often though to stay used to it.




When we got home I started dinner. The kids were supposed to be spending the night with us an extra night because their dad was going to be returning late from his vacation. I had planned a nice Sunday dinner of pork tenderloin, yellow and brown rice mixed and corn on the cob.

The pork tenderloin was taking longer to take than I had planned. We still hadn't eaten at 7:30 when the ex-husband text to say he had gotten back early and would be over at 8:30 to pick up the kids after all. I made them strip the linens off their beds to be washed since they wouldn't be staying and pack up all their stuff while I put the finishing touches on dinner. 

At 8:00 as I'm serving up their plates - he pulls up. Of course. Because everything revolves around his schedule <insert sarcasm>. The kids were disappointed they weren't going to be able to have the dinner I had cooked so I went ahead and packed up just enough for the two of them to take with them. Their dad and his girlfriend could fend for themselves.

When they pulled off hubby and I ended up sitting around and talking over a bottle of wine. We finally got a chance to catch up for the week. It was such a whirlwind week between the start of school and his tests that we really didn't have a lot of time for just the two of us to talk about all of the small stuff during the week. We talked and drank and may or may not have missed dinner with all of our catching up. At least we'll have dinner for Monday already cooked if we don't stick with the meal plan I made for us for the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment