Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Counting Calories

I estimated the kiddos had about 4 hours of homework for the weekend based on what they told me they had to do so I told them they would have to do 2 hours on Saturday afternoon and the balance on Sunday so they wouldn't be trying to rush through it all on Sunday before I had to drop them off at their dad's house. 

While they were doing their homework I tackled some paperwork in our office - shredding and organizing. Then I decided to get a workout in.

First I did TurboFire HIIT 20 dvd which burned 146 calories


Then I did ChaLean Extreme Burn It Off dvd which burned another 217 calories.




I wasn't happy with that calorie burn though - 363 calories over the course of about 47 minutes. So I grabbed Mikaela's jump rope and headed out to the garage - determined to finish with a calorie burn of 400. 

Jumping rope after doing two dvds was tough but fortunately it only took me 3 minutes and 44 seconds to burn those last couple of calories I needed. If I had the energy I would have tried to make it to 500 calories but by that point I was tripping over the jump rope too much because I was so physically tired.  


For lunch I just heated up a Lean Cuisine and mixed in some peas. 



I try not to eat a lot of frozen meals - instead I do try to eat more whole, real foods. But you know what? Saturday it was just easier for me to heat up a frozen meal. 

There are so many bloggers eating so many different ways - lately I've been seeing so much about Paleo, Whole 30, vegan, etc. There are also lots of people on Instagram that I follow who have lost their weight a lot of different ways. To me - the most successful of the working moms that I've seen losing weight have been following the Weight Watchers Points Plus Plan.

It is my opinion that these ladies are able to lose weight on WW because they don't eliminate any food groups - but they watch their points by watching a combination of portion sizes and foods higher in fiber and protein (is my guess). I did WW on-line when it was just the Points System so I don't know too much about the Points Plus plan. I stopped following the plan because I wasn't consistent with my tracking so I felt like I was wasting my money.

I've just recently gotten better again with trying to track everything on MyFitness Plan - at least that's free!

But I do think the key for weight loss is to find something that works with your own lifestyle and something that you can stick to for life. For me right now - that's counting my calories. So if it means I eat some processed foods here and there - so be it. I count the calories and move on. I have to work within my own lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment