Monday, September 9, 2013

Straight hair don't care

I've been wearing my hair naturally curly - or wash and wear for YEARS!! It's so much easier for me and I'm always rushed for time. My hair is so thick and long that it takes too long to blow dry and flat iron on a regular basis - especially with the amount of workouts I do. But this week I decided to blow it out just to see how long it is and to get a better look at my ends. Man do I need a trim - split end city!!



A co-worker picked up a Pumpkin Spice Latte for me - my first of the season. It was yummy but way too many calories (260) for me to have on a regular basis vs my skinny lattes (120).  


Wednesday was another lunchtime treadmill run for my 10K training. It was supposed to be a 25-30 minute run. I took 2 one minute walk breaks. 


Thursday morning my football anticipation began! After the Super Bowl in February there is always this long lull before the NFL season starts again. I don't even get worked up over pre-season football. All I want is the regular season NFL games! Being in my first Fantasy Football League this year makes me even more excited for the season to start! 



Thursday the kids stayed home since they were out of school for Rosh Hashanah so I left work a little early. I didn't get in a lunchtime workout so I did TurboFire HIIT 15 and ChaLean Extreme Push Circuit 3 dvds. I was kind of bummed - no - REALLY bummed at the (lack of) calorie burn.   


I hate how few calories I burn when I left weights. It's so frustrating but I know that in order to lose weight I need to do cardio and strength training. 279 calories in 51 minutes just doesn't seem right. 


Friday's 10K training run was supposed to be a 30-35 minute run. I hopped on the treadmill during my lunch hour - I still had to take 2 one minute walk breaks. 


Friday night was mini-me's first soccer game of the season. They tied 2-2 and she scored both goals! They didn't have enough players to field their team so their 8 year old cousin had to play with them on their U-14 team - and she did a darn good job! 



After soccer mini me requested Chipotle. I got my normal Chicken Burrito Bowl. Unfortunately it sent me over on my calories for the day by 258. Yikes. In retrospect if I would have left out the brown rice and sour cream I would have come in closer to my calorie allowance. I'll have to remember that for our next Chipotle outing.  



No comments:

Post a Comment