Thursday, October 24, 2013

What's Not Working

Last Thursday's weigh-in was awful. My weight was up over 2 pounds from the previous week. My food tracking just isn't where it needs to be. I tend to take the weekends off from tracking an entire day's food and just pick and choose what I want to log. I'm not giving myself a treat "meal" on the weekend. It's more like I'm having an entire treat "weekend". I cancelled the South Beach trial plan before they started charging my debit card. I pulled up the Weight Watchers on-line plan. But it's not that I need a new PLAN. What I need is some will power and discipline when it comes to my food. My exercise has been good - although cardio heavy. I need to start incorporating more strength training into my workouts. I've been having a tough time trying to get up in the mornings to workout. It's not that it was easier before - maybe I was just motivated before? I have to find my motivation again. I've been stagnant at this weight forever and I hate it.

I did get in a 30 minute run at lunchtime. Cardio, cardio, cardio. 



I started a new book:


The second Heather Wardell book in a row I'm reading. 

I'm doing my best to get my water in. I sent hubby this picture from work. He thinks I'm drinking TOO much water. I can honestly say I've never been accused of THAT before! 


Friday I didn't pack a lunch to bring to work so I had to run out at lunchtime and buy an expensive ($9) salad from the deli across the street. It was good but geez - $9 is a lot of money for one single salad! 


My second Bulu Box arrived.


I'm still not impressed. I'm not sure what I was expecting when I signed up for this trial but I know I won't be continuing with it when the trial is over. The products appear to be somewhat suspect to me - meaning I've never heard of them so I feel like I need to do some Google research on them before I even try them.  


My daughter was teasing me because I didn't have a wallpaper on my phone. I downloaded an app that has a ton of them and I found this one. Now she's teasing me because of the wallpaper I chose. Teenagers!


Friday night my daughter's soccer game was at 9pm. She loves those late game. Me - meh... I can pass on them. First of all I'm usually beat tired by Friday night after a week of work and just want to order pizza and watch a movie with the kids and hubby. Second of all it was freezing. So I was drinking a grande Starbucks vanilla latte and wearing a down coat to try to stay awake and stay warm! 

Yea - they won!

Saturday morning hubby had a 5K. I didn't sign up for it because I had a 6 mile training run I had to do over the weekend. It was freezing so again I had to bundle up and drink my coffee! See a pattern here for me spectating outdoor activities?
  


Hubby pre-race

Approaching the finish line

Unfortunately hubby injured his foot about a mile into the race. He still finished but he was in a lot of pain. We came home and he rested it while I took a nap. When I woke up I went and ran my 6 miles.



I did it!! 6 miles!! My own personal distance record! I can't believe it. Next up - 7 miles!


I was CRUISING my first mile! Woo-hoo!

Check out that calorie burn!

The rest of Saturday evening was spent lounging around the house, resting hubby's foot and my legs, eating pizza, and catching up on the dvr with the kiddos.

Sunday I took the kids to the mall. Mini me needed new jeans. Who knew they made jeans in size 000? My poor son was bored out of his mind!



Monday there was only 3 of us at work because everyone else was in Las Vegas for a convention. I went to the gym during my lunch and set the treadmill to the 5K setting. It's pretty cool in that it periodically adjusts the incline to simulate outdoor running.  






The only problem is that my heart rate monitor stopped working at some pont during my run. I hate when that happens.








Wednesday I got in another lunchtime 5K. My heart rate monitor was still acting up though.



Mini me placed 3rd place for girls in her cross country final meet!  


And on a final note for this catch-up post...

I lost 1.4 pounds for the week! I was aiming for 2.4 but I'm happy with the 1.4. Over the next 7 days I definitely want to add in strength training workouts and to keep tracking my food and STAYING within my calorie allotments!  


I'm not running my 7 mile training run this weekend. I have a Fort Meade 5K on Saturday morning so I postponed the 7 miler till next weekend. So this weekend's goals are to run the 5K, do a strength training workout and track and stay within my calories using MyFitness Pal.

No comments:

Post a Comment