Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Bring on the Summer

The Sleeping Tracker on my FitBit Flex can sometimes be downright frightening! Thursday night after shoveling the driveway and a coughing fit I finally got to sleep at 11:30! But then you factor in that I was awake 3 times (either coughing or going to the bathroom) and restless TEN times - this woman didn't sleep - I took a long nap basically.


The snow plowing people didn't come Friday morning. I waited as long as I could before I had to venture out to work. Apparently they didn't hit the cul-de-sacs but this is the main road into and out of my development that either they barely plowed or enough people went to work earlier than me and made a pseudo path for me to follow. 


The good news is the main roads were perfectly clear. It's just GETTING to the main roads that is a pain in the neck!

Once I parked my car and walked over to the metro station - the trains were delayed. Of course. So what else is there to do in the freezing cold but take a selfie of myself all bundled up!


By the end of the day everything had started to freeze up so the walk back to my car was a slow one.


The parking lot was a complete ice rink. Here's all the ice I was parked on.


And a view of the ice-rink parking lot which obviously hadn't been treated at all.


Saturday morning I was feeling just as crappy as ever so I drove myself back to Urgent Care.


They swabbed me for strep (which I didn't have), told me I have an upper respiratory infection so I don't need antibiotics, told me to stop taking Mucinex because that in fact is making me cough MORE and told me to drink more liquids. So I promptly drove to Starbucks and got a VENTI skinny vanilla latte. 

That counts for fluids right?

Although I haven't been exercising very much at all (it's pretty difficult while you're coughing constantly) - I have been obsessively tracking my WW Points in take. 

Yep - this pitiful amount is an ACTUAL serving size of pretzel bits. SAD.

I'm determined to not fall behind on my half marathon training so this is the picture I set as my phone lock screen for motivation. 


Sunday hubby and I tackled the grocery shopping together. I picked up a new to me Chobani flavor. It wasn't my favorite. There were too many textures going on - peach chunks, pistachios AND dark chocolate pieces. Plus that darn thing scanned in at 6 WW Points +. I ONLY get 26 a day - sooooooo not worth it!


Monday during my lunchtime I did drag myself to the gym to get in my 3 mile Half Marathon Training Run that was scheduled for over the weekend. It wasn't pretty. But I'm proud to say I did it!


And this was the temperature as I went to bed last night - darn Polar Vortex! The kids school district announced a 2 hour school delay due to the freezing temperatures. Wind chill for Tuesday calls for temperatures in the NEGATIVES! 


No comments:

Post a Comment