Monday, January 13, 2014

Give the Plan a Chance

My advice to myself - give Weight Watchers a chance is really starting to work for me. Last week I didn't exercise as much as I wanted to with the last lingerings of this cough and cold hanging on. I wasn't sure what was going to happen for Thursday's weigh-in - but I was more than pleasantly surprised. I lost 2.4 pounds! In one week!    



That afternoon during my lunchbreak I did a workout from my Fitness Class App and then ran a mile on the treadmill. 


Mini me wanted Chipotle for dinner Friday night so on Thursday night I pre-packed and entered into my WW tracker all of my food for the day on Friday. In the morning I did an arm workout from my Fitness Class App and then I went to the gym at lunchtime and ran for 30 minutes.


I earned enough points to order and eat my Chipotle the way I like it - with a little sour cream and a little cheese - with no guilt whatsoever. I ordered the steak rather than my usual chicken and didn't care for it as much. It was too chewy.

Saturday it rained and rained and rained. I had to get the grocery shopping done in the morning and then the rest of the day was spent watching football with the kiddos (hubby was out of town for work).  


I even had a beer for just one WW Points Plus.


After the first game I took mini-me to Kohls because she was looking for a certain type of sweatpant to match her best friend. Remember those days - having a best friend that you did everything with and even dressed alike? 

How cool is it that Kohls reserved a spot for me? 

Sunday I had a 4 mile half marathon training run on the schedule. I bundled up and headed out to Ft Meade to get my run done.




After my run - the rest of the afternoon was a whirlwind. I got home and meal prepped two crockpot dinners.



One was a crockpot lasagna which smelled yummy. I tried a forkful of it and it tastes really good too.


The other crockpot had a White Bean Turkey Chili. It actually came out pretty soupy and I had cut back on the amount of chicken broth the recipe called for. The spoonful I taste-tested was just "okay" - most likely not a recipe I will use again.





After the crockpot prepping, I had to drive my daughter to her indoor track practice (30 minutes away), come back and help my son with his homework, go back and pick-up my daughter, come back home and clean the kitchen and then get the kids packed up to go to their dad's for the night. He's going out of town this week so he asked me to keep them for him Monday through Wednesday night so that's why I was doing the double duty crockpot meal prepping. Hubby is out of town until Thursday so it's just me and the kids. I find my evenings run so much easier when all we have to do when we get home is warm up dinner and cook a vegetable.

After I dropped the kiddos off at their dad's house I still had to come home and cook my own dinner for the evening and meal prep my lunches for the week. I watched some of the Golden Globe Awards, mopped the kitchen floor, and started tackling an organizational project I have going on in our home office.

I finally climbed into the bed pretty late and proceeded to watch the 1st dvd in my P90X3 series. It's a new, intense 30 minute workout by Tony Horton. I'm going to give it a whirl and try it beginning tonight.

I'm not good at sticking to 90 day workout programs so I'm not making any promises to myself. I get easily bored with doing the same dvds all the time and it gets frustrating trying to keep up with a schedule that's pre-set for you. But we'll see. If nothing else at least I have some new 30 minute workouts to add to my collection and these workouts could be what helps move my weight loss along even quicker!

2 comments:

  1. I love chipotle! It's my favorite "fast food", plus you can make it pretty healthy. I always get steak, black beans, brown rice, salsa and a little sour cream.

    Not sure what White Bean Turkey Chili recipe you used but I made one from Skinny Taste and really liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Chipotle! I love the guacamole at Chipotle but I hardly ever get it. I'm going to have to look up that Skinny Taste recipe.

      Delete