Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!

The days following Christmas hubby and I both had off from work. Friday we got up early and dropped his car off to get the windows tinted. I had given him an Amazon Local deal that I had bought for his birthday. It took a couple of hours so we just came home and lounged around the house while we waited.

Saturday we went to see the Harlem Globetrotters in Baltimore. I had bought us tickets through Living Social. Neither of us had seen them since we were kids so we were both pretty excited to see them as big kids!





Our serious pose

Our goofy pose

After the game we walked down to the Baltimore Harbor and had dinner at Uno's. Nothing healthy I must admit.




Sunday was Football Day. Both of our teams were playing at 1:00 so we brought the kitchen tv into the family room. My team is the Redskins and they're just awful this year so they were on the small tv. Hubby's team is the Ravens and they were playing to try to get into the playoffs so they got the bigger team for our viewing. They didn't make it though. My other team - the Seahawks are already in the playoffs so at least I still have some interest in the NFL for now. I can't believe regular season is over already.


We didn't leave the house all day. For dinner hubby tried out the hot dog machine I gave him for Christmas. They turned out really tasty actually!


Monday hubby had to work so I ran a bunch of errands before I ended my day with a much needed pedicure 


and a much needed Chipotle chicken burrito bowl.


New Year's Eve morning hubby suggested we go for a 30 minute walk around our development. Over an hour later we had completed 4 miles! As you can see I used all of my electronics - my new Garmin GPS watch, my heart rte monitor and my MapMyRun app for comparison. 


We stayed in watching movies on Hallmark Movie Channel for our New Year's Eve festivities. I don't like being on the roads on New Year's Eve - never have, never will. At midnight our neighbor shot off fireworks in the cul-de-sac and we went to bed shortly afterwards.

New Year's Day hubby and I went for a 30 minute run 



Then I picked up the kids from their dad's house for my dinner night. I tried a new Hoppin' John recipe and it was delicious - hubby and the kids even devoured it!


Thursday January 2nd was back to work time for me. I woke up early with the intention of doing a ChaLean Extreme Burn Circuit weights workout. But I just didn't have it in me to listen to that dvd one more time so I scanned through my Daily Burn app and found a 30 minute cardio workout to do instead. It was AWESOME to mix it up and do something different!


Unfortunately my weekly Thursday morning weigh-in reflected a 2 pound gain for the New Year. I am officially UP 3.2 pounds on Weight Watchers. What's up with that?

When I got to work my boss had brought THIS into the kitchen leftover from his New Year's party. I resisted but those red velvet cupcakes sure did look yummy - all that frosting!! 



I went to the gym during lunch for a 30 minute treadmill walk.


On my way home the snow from Hercules storm began to fall. At 9pm hubby and I went out to shovel the driveway, sidewalk and porch. I should have worn my heart rate monitor because that was a pretty good workout. I'm counting it as workout #3 for the day - 30 minutes of snow shoveling!










Unfortunately work isn't closed today and my development isn't plowed out yet so right after I post this I need to get up and get ready to venture off to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment