Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Snow Day Catching Up

Winter Storm Janus is upon us and we're all home. The school closing alert was posted last night and then early this morning the Federal Government closed which is the schedule my office follows so I didn't have to go in to work. Hubby had to go in for half-day before they closed his base so now we're all at home together.

Last week I had an awesome workout week.

Monday morning I pulled out an old Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds 3 Mile Walk to get in some steps for my FitBit Flex before work.


After work I attempted to begin P90X3. The first workout was Total Synergistics. It was okay. I didn't love it.



The note I posted to Instagram after I completed the workout:


Tuesday during lunch I ran for 30 minutes on the treadmill:


Wednesday during lunch I went old school and brought in my old portable dvd player to do a 2nd P90X3 workout. This one actually wasn't too bad. It was Agility X and reminded me a lot of the Plyometrics dvd from the original P90X workouts.


Wednesday's lunch I subbed out bread for cucumber for my sandwich. One of my co-workers had sent me a picture she had seen so I tried it out for myself. The taste was good but it was really sloppy to eat - I ended up using a fork and knife to cut it into pieces to eat. 


Thursday morning's weigh-in showed a small loss. At first I was discouraged after last week's 2.4 lb loss but that feeling didn't last too long. It was almost a half-pound loss which is a healthy weight loss amount. Plus I've always read that the slow and steady weight losses are the ones that are more likely to last.


Thursday I got in another 30 minute lunchtime treadmill run.


Friday morning my boss who had just got back from Seattle brought me a Seattle Seahawks t-shirt and a scarf! My co-worker is a big San Francisco 49ers fan so I took this picture in the office to send to him - a little office rivalry fun! 


Our office closed early on Friday but instead of going home I forced myself to go to the gym. I did a 4 mile treadmill walk in less than an hour! 


After all of those workouts throughout the week - it would only make sense that Saturday morning my drying rack would be full of workout gear!


All dolled up for an afternoon with hubby:


We went to lunch at a new eatery that opened up down the street from us called Newk's


I had the black and blue salad and it was delicious! I ordered the dressing on the side and only used about half of what they gave me. Normally they mix the dressing right into the salad for you.


After lunch we went to Ikea. I was looking for wall hangings and decorations to update the kids' rooms. Afterwards we stopped and had a drink before we tried to see the movie "Ride Along" with Kevin Hart and Ice Cube - but it was sold out. 

Chocolate martini anyone?

Sunday morning I wanted to do another low impact workout but still get my steps in for the day so I did another Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds dvd. This one was 4 miles and I got in over 6,000 steps before 10:30 in the morning! I wanted to get my steps in early because I knew I wasn't going to get in a lot of steps the rest of the day because of the AFC and NFC NFL Championship games were going to be on. 


The best game - and the most stressful game - was the Seahawks game. We pulled out a win though and we're going to the SUPERBOWL!! 

Monday morning was a holiday (Martin Luther King Jr Birthday) so hubby and I drove up to Fort Meade to get my half marathon training run completed.




Pre-run steps

I ran 5 miles in less than an hour AND got in my 10,000 steps by noon!


Next weekend's "long run" is only 2 1/2 miles so I'm going to try to do it without any walk breaks.

In the meantime I'm now headed off to a Wii tournament with the family. Stay warm and safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment