Saturday, February 1, 2014

Let's Wrap Up This Month!

The last two weeks of January have been all over the place for me.

We were all off for Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday holiday. Hubby and I took the kiddos to lunch 


and then to Ikea to do some finishing up of updating their bedrooms. 

The next day both school and work were closed due to an expected snow storm. This is how it looked outside when we first woke up. 




But then the snow finally came.


And we ended up with quite a bit of the white stuff. 




Even though we were home for the day I was determined to get a workout in before I went outside in the snow with the kiddos. I got some steps in with my Leslie Sansone dvd. I did the 2 mile Fast Start AND the 3 Fast Miles workouts. Then I did a Fitness Blender HIIT workout to up my calorie burn. Although I love the Walk Away the Pounds dvds for getting my step count up - they're so low impact that I don't get a very high calorie burn from them.



On Wednesday the schools were still closed due to the snow so I stayed home with the kiddos.

Thursday was weigh-in day.



My weight was up almost two pounds! I was so frustrated!

And instead of reeling myself in what do I do? The very next day at a work seminar I helped myself to banana bread with butter as part of the continental breakfast they provided.  



And the following day my friend at work brought me a 7 layer dip which I brought home for me and the family to devour. Before dinner.



So after a week of snow days and snow delays preventing me from getting in decent lunchtime workouts - I decided to tackle Jillian. I did her 6 Pack Abs workout off of You Tube



and then foolish me decided to try to do P90X3 Yoga dvd. 

I only lasted 10 minutes. Tony Horton's Yoga is TOUGH! I am NOT flexible. I need to find a beginner Yoga dvd to attempt.




Saturday night the four of us went bowling. We bowled 3 games. The first game was girls vs boys. The second game was kids vs grown-ups. The last game was me and my son vs hubby and my daughter.



Me and mini me photo bombed by hubby

Me and my baby boy - he's almost taller than me!


And me and my love

Sunday I was busy doing some major organizing around the house. I meal planned our dinners for February, made the weekly grocery shopping list for hubby, paid some bills, sorted mail and did a lot of paper shredding in addition to laundry and helping the kiddos with homework.

Monday morning before work I tried a beginner pilates workout from the Blogilates app I recently downloaded.  



The app is free but I paid the .99 cents for the 30 day Beginners Calendar.

On the way into work this happened:



I switched from Weight Watchers back to MyFitness Pal. I couldn't seem to get into the WW groove. In the 3 months I was following WW - my overall weight loss was 0. I actually gained 2 pounds following the plan. I think the point system just didn't work for me. It's back to calorie counting for me.

Monday during lunch I ran for 30 minutes - 2nd workout of the day!




Tuesday during lunch I walked for 40 minutes on the treadmill set to random hills level 3.

Wednesday morning we woke to MORE snow. It wasn't even an inch but I am really sick of these freezing temperatures and this darn snow! 



Wednesday was another 30 minute run during lunch. 


Thurs workout on the left - Wednesday workout on the right

The ex-husband once again switched my dinner night with the kiddos so I switched around the meal plan. Hubby and I had a yummy fish recipe that called for kalmata olives and tomatoes. And I served it with spinach and some Annie's mac n cheese. 

I can't help it - I'm a carb girl. I gotta have my carbs. At least Annie's is better for me than the other boxed mac and cheeses. 




Thursday was weigh-in day. DOWN THREE POUNDS!! 


And to celebrate that 3 lb loss I tortured myself with Jillian again. My lunchtime workout was strictly to get my step count up so I walked on the treadmill for 25 minutes.


I've been toying with the idea of setting a 10,000 steps a day goal for the month of February but I'm scared of more snow storms keeping me housebound. This year I'm planning to purchase a GOOD treadmill with part of my tax refund.

And finally today - the last day of the month - I took a rest day. I have a 6 1/2 mile half marathon training run on the schedule for tomorrow so I decided to rest my body. The unfortunate thing is my step count for today is going to be lower than usual.

We had office lunch from Noodles and Company today. I had the Pork Med salad with dressing on the side. Yep - more noodles. I'm a total carb addict I tell you! 


After lunch I looked out my office window to see a Cookie Truck. Talk about tempting. But I held fast and didn't go down to check it out. Instead I ate two Hershey's kisses from the office candy jar. Doesn't every office have that one person or place you can turn to grab a small piece of candy?



My Friday night was quiet. Hubby is out of town for work. I talked to him on the phone and then to my best friend. I caught up on all of my blog reading in Bloglovin' and caught up my little old blog. 

One of my February goals really should be to blog more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment