Thursday, March 13, 2014

Failing to Plan

Friday I was so busy at work that all I had was coffee in the morning and then a late lunch. Unfortunately that led to a not so healthy choice - a chicken quesadilla eaten at my desk.


Saturday morning was March 8th. My creamer expired March 7th. I'm one of those people that has a hard time consuming anything after it's expiration date so I had to have some of hubby's hazelnut creamer in my coffee. 


I did the P90X3 Warrior dvd. It was tough but I only burned 161 calories so I added in the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge Day 3 workout which was a 20 minute HIIT workout. 




I love getting my sweat on at home - I can look as hot and crazy as I want and not worry about how I look.



For "linner" we took the kids to Red Robin. This time I ordered my burger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun to save on some calories! It got a little messy towards the last few bites but it was delicious and I didn't miss the bread at all. So much so that I had double the french fries. FAIL.




Afterwards we got in a round of mini golf. 






 




We had time to take plenty of pictures because we were playing behind some really slow people. By the time we were finished we weren't full anymore so we went and had frozen yogurt.

Afterwards we went and bowled at the base. 

Lil mini-me decided she was going to "drive".








It's scary that she's only two years away from actually being able to drive legally!

Sunday morning I had a 9.5 mile training run on the schedule. I filled up my water bottles and grabbed some Gu Chomps. It was my 1st time running with either - and they were perfect! I only drank about one of the bottles of water and I ate half of the Gu Chomps at Mile 3.



I always run with my RunKeeper app on and my Garmin watch. I'm not sure why. I think the Garmin is probably more accurate but I like the timing cues I have programmed in RunKeeper. 




I can't believe I did it though! My longest run EVER!  

Look what happens when I don't grocery shop and hubby runs to the store for a few things!

I celebrated with a Bud Light Lime, some Alexia onion rings and some honey bourbon chicken pieces with veggies. 


And I hit over 20K steps for the day on my FitBit! First time ever! 


Monday I had to leave work early to take this pretty girl in to get her braces put on.




It took two hours so I was able to head over to Starbucks for a coffee and some Instagramming while I waited.





Then mini-me and I grabbed lunch at Panera.


Tuesday I didn't go to work because I had to go in for a biopsy. I should have my results in the next 5 days. The wait is the worst part.

I haven't worked out all week and I feel blah about it. Sunday and Monday my knees hurt too much from that long run. Tuesday it was my quads that hurt. And then yesterday it was just my right quad that was a little sore.

I've been logging my foods on MyFitness Pal for the most part and trying to stay within my calories.

This morning's weigh-in I was down a pound - but that's only down a pound from the two I had gained last week. Oh this yo-yo'ing of 5 pounds I've been doing for a year is so discouraging. I need to change something - I just don't want to admit that I know what it is. I need to be better with my food. Plain and simple.

This saying truly speaks to me:


I need to find a realistic eating plan that I can follow and stick to that's going to help me lose some of this extra weight - especially this belly fat. I know what it is too - I need to cut the carbs and processed foods. I have Tosca Reno's "The Eat Clean Diet" book at home that I really should start reading this weekend. 

Hubby and I have no plans for the weekend yet! Except to do our taxes. Ugh.

And because taxes are a part of American life I leave you with my new screen lock picture. 



No comments:

Post a Comment