Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Yet ANOTHER 3 Day Weekend

Typically I'm excited for a 3-day weekend but when it is because of snow - I'm totally over it! I'm ready for Spring to just get here already!

Friday night hubby and I headed out for dinner and margaritas at our local Mexican restaurant.


It's a full moon - yes we're goofballs!

And then we came back home...






Saturday morning I broke in our new treadmill with an hour long walk followed by Day 8 of the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge - 12 minutes with hand weights but I only lasted about halfway through. It was really tough!  


After our workouts (hubby jumped on the treadmill too) we headed out to enjoy the beautiful, sunny, 60-something degree day.

We went to the BX at Andrews Air Force Base where I picked up 3 pair of really cute flats. Then we went to the outlets at National Harbor where I picked up 2 more pairs. Now we just need to get this snow and ice off the ground so I can actually wear them. 


After shopping we walked around the Harbor and stopped for a drink and appetizers. It was such a nice, relaxing day.


Sunday morning a 4 mile half marathon training run was on the calendar. I had to choose between my 2 new pair of Asics which one I was going to start breaking in first. I chose the pair on the right! 


Hubby and I went to Ft Meade for our run. I have a 3 mile loop that I run so this time I decided to turn back around after 2 miles to make my 4. As you can see by the picture on the lower left - I missed a turn. When my watch beeped that I had hit 4 miles I had no clue where I was! I ended up walking an extra 1.2 miles until hubby could find me using my React Mobile emergency alert app and picked me up in his car. So much for just getting in 4 miles lol 


Later in the afternoon we had to tackle the crowds and lines at the commissary for our grocery shopping.


I ended the weekend with over 10K steps each day!

Saturday/Sunday

Monday morning we woke up to about another 7 inches of snow. Yuck. I'm just so over it. I REALLY hope this is the last bit of snow we see for a very long time!


I still got my steps in though!! I hopped on the treadmill for a 5K walk and then I did Day 10 of the Bikini Body Mommy Challenge which was the same awful weights workout from Saturday.


Monday

I had an eye appt to check out my new contacts which are working out good. They're expensive as heck though - they're the ones where I can see at a distance but also can see up close when I read. I guess kind of like bifocal contacts? Geez I feel old!

No comments:

Post a Comment