Thursday, April 3, 2014

And He's Gone Again

Thursday

I fell off from eating healthy on Thursday night. I had decided to take hubby out for dinner since he was leaving for Alaska for a week. I drank 3 Cosmos, we split a huge appetizer and we split a burger and fries.



Friday

Friday night we stayed in. Hubby had to pack and we went to bed early.


Saturday

Saturday morning was rainy and dreary. I had a 9am nail appointment


I took my car in for an oil change. Is it just me or does every oil change business always call you to the back to show you your dirty air filter and tell you it needs to be changed?



My friend stopped by for a few minutes to visit. Then I headed out to Old Navy to pick up a couple of their $2 tank tops. Yeah - those are the tank tops in the upper left hand corner. They had these cute Spring dresses on sale and a couple of shirts - I just couldn't resist. Can you tell I'm ready for Spring to hurry up and get here?






I ran a couple more errands and before I finally made it back home I grabbed a Lil Cheeseburger and Lil Fries from Five Guys before I hunkered down inside for the rest of the night. 


I let my food digest for a couple of hours and then I got on the treadmill for a 5 mile walk to assure I got my steps in for the day and to burn off some of those Five Guys calories.



Sunday

It was still raining Sunday.

I had to run my 4 mile half marathon training miles on the treadmill. I did it when I first woke up - no coffee, no water, no nothing in my stomach - which was a mistake. I had to keep taking walk breaks, but I got it done! Next time I need to factor in my normal pre-run fuel before I go hopping on the treadmill. 






Even though it pretty much rained non-stop all weekend - Mini-me's soccer game wasn't cancelled. They play their games on turf fields so soccer games are really only cancelled for thunder and lightning for the most part. We were miserable on the sidelines watching but the girls were more miserable playing - they were wet and freezing cold. Then it started to SNOW!! The refs finally called the game with about 10 minutes left because the field was getting so covered in snow it was getting icy.



Monday


 Hubby made it to Alaska. I'm glad he's the one dealing with the cold and the snow and not me. We finally started to see a little Spring after our sopping wet weekend.




Tuesday

I actually woke up early enough to get in a 30 minute treadmill walk! I always have to transfer the data over to my Runkeeper App to calculate my pace. I haven't figured out yet how to do that on the treadmill. I also still wear my Heart Rate Monitor and use the actual calories from that rather than the calories from the treadmill because the treadmill always overestimates my calorie burn. 


That night after dinner and homework - my son and I opened this up (mini me doesn't like chocolate) - edible cookie dough! It was TOO good, TOO high in calories for me to have on a regular basis - but I saw it in the store and thought - what the heck?! I'll give it a try. It didn't disappoint.
   


Spring track started back up this week for mini-me so that means my schedule gets a little crazy with getting her back and forth to practices. It sure did wear her out though - aren't all kids cute when they're sleeping? 

No comments:

Post a Comment