Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Dinner Out

Yesterday during my lunch break I had planned to run 3 miles but I accidentally set the treadmill for 30 minutes. I didn't realize it until about 10 minutes in and I didn't want to stop and then restart the treadmill so I calculated in my head that if I ran through the Cool Down period at my regular pace rather than the cool down pace I might still be able to get the 3 miles in.

And I did. Barely. The last 3 minutes I had to run at a 10:00 pace - but I did it - and I didn't fall off or die! 


Since hubby and I are going out of town for the weekend to attend a wedding - we didn't do any grocery shopping this past weekend. We're trying to just eat up the food we have and it's getting tough for my work snacks and lunches. We're out of string cheese, almonds and now greek yogurt. I may have to make a little stop to pick up some of these "essentials-to-me" before the end of the week. Besides, these foods can travel with me in the cooler for our road trip.

I had a Living Social deal for Ruby Tuesday's that we had to use by last night so I told hubby I'd take him to dinner. When we finished our dinner I went to pull the deal up from the app on my phone and I suddenly couldn't find it. I had hubby look through all of my deals too and it wasn't anywhere! Hubby ended up paying for the dinner and joked with me about the Living Social probably not even existing. I swear it did though.

I looked at the menu ahead of time and went with the Petite Sirloin, the salad bar and the sweet potato fries. I also had a skinny mojito - which I got carded for! The waiter looked at my ID and his eyes almost popped out of his head at my age. I will never get tired of being carded in my 40s.

No comments:

Post a Comment