Monday, June 2, 2014

End of School Year Festivities

First of all - Yay! I finally got my "13.1" magnet for my car!! 



The teens had their 8th grade dance last week. Of course I had to take some pre-dance pictures before I dropped them off.










I can't believe he's now taller than me!

Mini me with her lil hand on her lil hip.

And then what happens when you let a 14 year old boy take the pictures? He doesn't stop! Outtakes - 





After I dropped the teens off at the dance I came home and got a workout in. I ran 1 mile for my #rwrunstreak and then I walked 1 mile.

When I returned to pick the teens up I discovered mini-me had taken her hair down for the dance. I can't believe how grown up they're getting. 


Thursday I got in a 2 mile treadmill run for my #rwrunstreak


Friday I ran a treadmill 5K during my lunch break


And I came home to my PINK FitBit Flex band - FINALLY - after 11 weeks of it being on backorder!

Think they used a big enough box?
Saturday morning mini-me and I were up extra early for her track meet. 




Double fisting it in the bleachers

Sunburn anyone? That's what 11 hours in the sun will do. 

I am still so NOT a track mom. I much prefer soccer. Soccer games are 60-75 minutes. Track meets last FOREVER!

I got mini-me to the field at 7:30am. The meet started at 9am. Her first event was around 11am, her 2nd event was around 2pm. Then I went home to pick up my son (one hour round-trip) to bring him to the meet for some fresh air. Mini-me's 3rd event wasn't until 6:30 and then for her 4th event - we found out a little after 7:30 that she wasn't going to have to run the relay because one of the other girls had already left. You think? 12 hours at the track? Ugh! Nothing else got done that day.

Except---

My one mile #rwrunstreak run at 8:40pm.

Sunday morning I woke up and got my nails done and then came home and got my workout in - a one mile run, a Bikini Body Mommy leg workout and then 1/2 of the P90X3 Warrior workout. I wasn't able to get through the whole thing though. Next time I attempt that workout I'll have to make it the only or the 1st workout I do.


Sunday afternoon mini-me had her last soccer game. You would think my calendar would open up a little bit - but no - my son wants to take tennis lessons so I'll look into that for him for this summer.

Speaking of summer - here's my new lock screen.


In the evening I pulled out my summer clothes. Ummmm... I tried on my pants from last summer and only about half of them fit comfortably in the waist - muffin top anyone?

So.... here we go. I definitely need to take off this belly weight. I refuse to buy any new summer clothes. I'm going to focus on eliminating the white carbs and increasing my exercise.

I joined my friends Challenge group to run 100 miles between 6/2-7/2 so hopefully that will help me on my way to getting back in ALL of my summer clothes from last year.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic workouts!!! I so know about soccer being the easy sport. My oldest was in dance and those competitions take all day some even go two...and don't get me started on those dance moms some of them are scary!! Lol

    ReplyDelete