Monday, July 7, 2014

Fourth of July Weekend

I love the Timehop App. It helps me remembers goodies like this one that I had posted on my Facebook page 3 years ago:



I wrapped up my Runners World runstreak on July 4th before we headed out for the day. That makes 40 days in a row that I ran at least one mile! Second and final year for me for that challenge. It feels great to have accomplished it - but it is really a struggle for me and my knees to run every single day for 40 days straight. 


For the 4th hubby and I went and picked up my bestie to surprise our old boss at the annual barbecue he thows at his house in West Virginia. He had sent out a mass text message earlier in the week about the party so I called my bestie and suggested we just show up and surprise him. We hadn't seen him in probably 3 years or so! He was the best boss I've ever had but he's moved on to doing his own thing and I'm really happy for him. He was so surprised and happy to see us! Best surprise I've pulled off this year!






Saturday afternoon hubby and I were driving up to Delaware to visit his parents so I got in a morning workout. Even though my runstreak challenge is done - my workitout100 challenge still continues. Saturday was Day 43 in a row that I have done some sort of physical activity.

I did a Fitness Blender HIIT workout and then walked one mile on the treadmill. The Fitness Blender workout was awesome!  I was so sore the next day. I love when I can feel that I'm working different muscles.


After I got all showered up we headed out to see the 'rents-in-laws

Aren't they the cutest?




When we returned home that evening hubby and I proceeded to have our own little party. 

His and hers

We sat on the back deck drinking and talking until the wee hours of the morning.

Sunday was quite the challenge for me after my late night shenanigans. I wasn't so much hungover as I was just purely exhausted from my weekend.

I barely managed to get in a workout. I was searching through You Tube to find the shortest arms workout I could find because my legs and abs were so sore from Saturdays HIIT workout.

I happened upon this 11 minute workout and that's all I managed for the day.



The teens came back home last night from vacation with their dad. Today they start teen summer camp and hubby leaves this afternoon for Germany for the week. Teen summer camp is the craziest thing though - they don't offer before or after care like they did when the kids were younger. 

The camp hours are from 8:30am-4pm. This week I'll really only be working from about 10am-2pm each day. Yes it is a little inconvenient but my job is pretty flexible when it comes to kid-related stuff. I don't want the teens just sitting around the house ALL summer so I have them in camp for 2 of the 5 weeks they're with us this summer. This week they're going bowling, mini golfing, to a splash park, to Six Flags and having a picnic. 

This is bound to be a crazy hectic week for me. But once I get through it - hubby and I leave for VACATION next Monday! I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment