Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Middle School Graduation

This summer is going by so fast! I keep thinking of blog posts and ideas - sometimes I even actually begin a draft - but then I get so busy I forget to go back to edit and get it posted.

I'm going to challenge myself to get rid of all of the drafts in my folder over the next few weeks so I can get my blog caught up in semi-chronological order! 

So... going back to June...

My teens' middle school graduation took place. 


Aren't they sharp?



Proud mama moment




Proud step dad moment


Me and mini-me

He was pretty done with all the pictures

Okay.... he agreed to one last one

I thought I would cry at the ceremony but I didn't. The ceremony was extremely long though - too long in my opinion for a middle school graduation. They had performers AND guest speakers - it lasted over 3 hours!

It was almost 10pm when we finally got back to our car - too late for a graduation dinner. So the next day I let the teens sleep in while I went to work for a half-day. I took them to Red Robin for a celebratory graduation lunch. I couldn't resist the bottomless fries but I did order my burger wrapped in lettuce instead of a bun. Baby steps...




No comments:

Post a Comment