Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Reflections During My Time Alone

Hubby has been out of the country for work for almost three weeks. I had big ideas for all the projects and things to do around the house that I was going to accomplish while he was away. None of that happened.

Instead I found myself wasting a lot of time on my social media accounts when I was by myself. When the teens were with me at home I stayed busy with the normal stuff of keeping up the house, running them around, helping them with their homework and also just hanging out with them. But when the teens were at their father's house I found myself frequently checking in on all my social media accounts instead of tackling the projects I thought I would get accomplished. Looking back I believe that in order for me to deal with the loneliness of being in the house by myself I would "interact" with my real life and internet friends each evening through social media. This morning as I looked back at my to-do list and realized how much time I had wasted over the past few weeks - I decided I wanted to make some changes. 


  1. I'm going to cut back on my social media time. I could have been so much more productive over the past couple of weeks. I don't have a set time limit yet but I do know I want to reprioritize my social media time vs the other projects I want to accomplish.
  2. I am going to focus more on updating my own blog before I get caught up on everyone else's blog through my bloglovin feed.
  3. I'm going to change the focus of my blog. Initially this blog was going to be my journal for getting and staying fit as a 40-something year old mom. I have the exercise part of my journey down for now - but there is so much more to me than just working out every day. My drafts folder is full of unfinished posts that I started and never completed because they weren't fitness related. Well now I am going to go back to finishing up some of those posts and hitting publish on them. The direction of this blog is going to focus on my journey, my thoughts, my feelings. I'm not a fitness expert, I'm not a fashionista, I'm not crafty - but I am a married 40-something year old working mom who has some things to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment