Monday, October 20, 2014

Another catching-up post

Geez I wish I could get the hang of blogging more often!

October has been crazy busy. Two weeks ago the family and I went to a free event in Baltimore to see various Dance Crews compete. It was a lot of fun. I love when the four of us can get out of the house and experience different things together.




The next day I had a couple of my long-time girlfriends and their families over to our house for lunch. We hadn't seen each other in FOREVER and we all live right in this area (ok - one JUST moved back after being gone for 2 years).

I have been friends with these ladies for 29 years!

Hubby and I got to go to the Redskins vs Seahawks Monday night football game which was a blast. Especially since Seattle won! 


Excuse the grainy picture - my friend took it on her new phone and her photos come out weird.

Photo-bombed by the guy in the row behind us.

She was not happy the Redskins were losing.

Hubby and I also woke up in the wee hours of the morning last Sunday to run the Army 10-Miler.


My race was less than stellar. I'd been having knee pains all month and hadn't run further than 6 miles since the end of September. My goal was just to finish the 10 Miles and not get swept off the course. 


I succeeded! I by chance met up with one of my friends and her running buddy in our corral and the three of us ran/walked the whole 10 miles together.

This past weekend I spent mostly shopping with my teens while hubby was away for work. My son has outgrown all of the jeans I just bought him in August so he needed more and my daughter needed a Homecoming dress. Finding an age-appropriate dress for her was almost mission possible! 

I spent way more money this weekend than I wanted to - especially since hubby and I are going on a mini-vacation on Wednesday - but we'll still have a fun, low-key time.

1 comment:

  1. How was Florida?

    The game looked like fun, what's up with those Seahawks lately? Wilson is killing my Fantasy team lol

    ReplyDelete