Monday, January 12, 2015

Football Food Frenzy

This was an awful food weekend for me. Most weekends usually are but this one was worse than usual because there were football playoff games on both days almost all day! So that means I sat on my booty all day and ate... unhealthy foods.

I had weighed in on Thursday morning and was feeling good about myself because I had lost 1.2 pounds of my 3.6 holiday weight gain.

I felt so good that on Friday night the teens and I stopped and grabbed Chipotle for dinner.   



Saturday morning I woke up bright and early and took myself to an 8am Spin class. Then I came home and baked up these Trader Joe muffins "for the teens" in my attempt to start clearing out the holiday related items from the pantry.



I spent the rest of the day running errands with my final stop being at Wegman's to grab "football watching food". The only healthy item to end up in my cart was a package of baby carrots that didn't even get opened.

I went nuts in that store. I picked up a frozen pizza, potato skins and mozzarella sticks. I also bought coleslaw, macaroni salad, chicken salad and a pasta salad - all from the deli counter. And it was just the three of us watching the games together - me and my twin teens. Hubby had to work the weekend and wasn't even going to be home.

Not only did I eat a little bit of everything (without tracking any of it) on Saturday - but I did it again and grazed on the leftovers throughout the day on Sunday.

Needless to say - the outfit I had picked out for work today was a no go. It was a little too tight and I had to make a last minute shirt change to disguise my ever-growing muffin top.

It also doesn't help my situation that I seem to have injured myself during Saturday's Spin class. There was a move that we were standing on our bikes at the same time as we were doing push-ups from the handle bars. My form must have been totally off because I woke up on Sunday morning with a sore neck. The only workout I was able to manage on Sunday was a 30 minute REALLY slow treadmill walk which stinks because I had just restarted ChaLean Extreme and Sunday was going to be the start of my new running program.

All I can do is try to stay as active as possible without making my neck worse and focus most definitely on my food choices.

1 comment:

  1. I want those pumpkin muffins!!

    It was just a bad weekend, every day is a new day:)

    ReplyDelete