Thursday, March 26, 2015

3 Years Ago Today...

I started this blog 3 years ago today. I must say I'm really not very consistent with updating it. I always tell myself I want to post more often but then I don't follow through. The other day hubby found a box labeled "Vanessa's childhood mementos". It's still at our old house right now so I haven't had a chance to go through it - but he said it was so cool to read all the details I kept in my journals. And that's when it hit me - I miss journaling.

This blog started off as my way of documenting my fitness journey but I have my ups and downs with that journey and then the blogging stops.

I want to instead focus on my life journey and document the happenings around me so I can look back and my kids can look back at where I've been and how I got to where I am.

So with that being said - here's the drive by version of my "happenings" since my blog post almost 30 days ago:

I tried a beginner's yoga class.   



The teacher was awesome and I really liked the class. But then 2 days afterwards I woke up with my right wrist in excruciating pain which I blame on having to hold up my body weight in various poses. 

My boss took us out to a fancy lunch and I didn't overdo it.


I tried one of those fancy healthy-for-you juices and I didn't like it. It smelled and tasted like grass to me. 



Hubby and I browsed around for some new furniture for our new house but didn't buy any yet. Let's focus on getting all these boxes unpacked first!



We packed up and moved out of our rental into a house we bought! The only thing I do miss about the rental was my huge closet that I totally had filled. Now I have a regular sized closet and I'm practically bursting out of it.



We moved two weeks ago and we're probably about 65% unpacked. I'd say all the essentials are done - kitchen, bathrooms, bedrooms. Now we have all the miscellaneous boxes and the garage to get through!



Can't let a month pass without hitting up Chipotle at least once!


The weather finally got nice enough to take the teens mini golfing. I lost. I'm totally out of practice from being cooped up in the house all winter.


And then our post mini golf fro-yo tradition continued.


This was one of my favorite pictures for the past month - hubby and mini-me twinning it up! 


I need to get back into planning and organizing. Between work and home I'm staying too busy to even plan out what's going to happen next or better yet - what SHOULD be happening next! I'm pretty overwhelmed by everything on my plate right now and lots of stuff keep falling through the cracks.


I had my first item off of Panera's "secret" menu. It was pretty good. Filling - and that's what counts right now for me. I restarted Weight Watchers last so it's back to counting points for me.



Moving forward I'll still post about any happenings related to my fitness journey. I'm even toying with the idea of doing a variety of different workout dvds and youtube workout dvds to review - and also because I keep getting bored with my workouts.

Who knows where the next year (or month) of blogging will take me but I am looking forward to popping over here more often!

2 comments:

  1. I love that picture of your daughter and hubby! So great.
    I messed up my shoulder in yoga and quit doing it. I thought it was supposed to be relaxing geez?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture of your daughter and hubby! So great.
    I messed up my shoulder in yoga and quit doing it. I thought it was supposed to be relaxing geez?!

    ReplyDelete