The last time I blogged it was a Weekend Wrap-Up post on Monday March 30th. Today is more like a Month End Wrap Up seeing as I haven't posted anything since then.
Let's catch up. During the month of April...
- Easter came
|Easter treats for the teens, hubby and me care of the in-laws|
- I tried to eat a little more healthy
|Boring carry out - marinara, grilled chicken, spinach and pasta|
- I finished using all of the Spinning classes on the gift card hubby gave me for Christmas
- We had a family dinner out at The Olive Garden after we saw Fast and Furious 7. (I shared an entree with mini-me since their servings are so huge.)
- The teens went on Spring Break with their dad this year
- I exerted some self control and ONLY ate chocolate on Easter Day. After that I threw it all away so I wouldn't be tempted.
- The weather finally started getting nice - no more snow/ice/freezing temperatures! I ate lunch on the rooftop of my office building.
- I've been enjoying pretty flowers for Spring both at home and at work
- I made sure I went to my annual lady exam
- I've been struggling with my hair. It's getting so long and I'm in desperate need of a haircut but I also need to find a new hairdresser and that's never an easy thing.
- I've made some pretty decent choices when I had to buy lunch at work.
- I went with hubby to pick out some flowers to plant at our new house. (He planted. I admired.)
- Hubby took me on a surprise date. He told me to wear a dress and that's all I knew in advance.
- THIS was the main surprise - he rented a limo to drive us into DC to have dinner at a nice steakhouse.
- We went to our 1st Orioles game of the season. It just happened to be FREEZING cold that day but we still had fun.
|Who knew they watered the grass right before a baseball game|
- I earned a couple of new FitBit badges
- We ran our 1st 5K of the year. It was pretty rough for me - it was the 1st time I had run outside since December and the 1st run of 3 miles I had done since then too.
- I had a little girl time with mini-me
- I exercised some self-control and only filled my frozen yogurt cup halfway!
- I found a dress and purse for the military ball. Now I just need to find some shoes!
- I ordered these cute lil shoes for walking around this Spring/Summer
- I had to take care of some car stuff - oil change, fuel injection, state inspection
- Ahhhh.... iced coffee
- I enjoyed a lettuce wrapped burger at Red Robin with the teens
- I ran outside - again. 2nd outdoor run of the year!
May is looking to be another busy month. Hopefully I can squeeze in some consistent blogging time!