Thursday, August 13, 2015

Doctor Day


Tuesday I took the day off from work because I had two Dr's appointments scheduled for myself and then the kids' yearly physicals scheduled for the afternoon.

I started the day with a quick Jessica Smith fasted cardio workout


After my workout I had time to quickly eat a protein bar and jump in the shower.

My first appointment was with the eye Dr. Good news - my left eye got BETTER! My contact lens for my left eye isn't as strong now as my last prescription!

When I got out of that appointment at 11:30 I was starving! I went over to Wegman's hot bar and instead of healthy choices I let my starvation pick what to eat - womp womp.  






Oh you know - just sitting in the pediatrician's office

While scrolling through Instagram at the pediatrician's office I was tagged to - stop, drop and plank. There was no way I was getting on the floor at the pediatrician's office so this was the best I could manage. 



Yesterday I was running SUPER late for work so I didn't pack a lunch to bring with me. Instead I had to shell out $10 for a salad in downtown Washington, DC. Not only was the salad overpriced - but I wasn't paying attention when they started pouring the salad dressing on and I ended up with a BIG OLE ranch-drenched salad. Don't get me wrong - it was good - just not healthy, like a salad ought to be.


I did redeem myself a little bit for dinner with a beef stew I had cooked in the crockpot on Sunday. It was another Hungry Girl recipe. I was a little hesitant at first because the previous two nights we had eaten Hungry Girl recipes for dinner and they just weren't too flavorful. This one (the Fajita-rific Beef Stew) was surprisingly delicious. Hubby said it was a keeper! I did add a sweet potato and only added 2 cans of the beef broth instead of 32 oz. - I didn't want it to be too soup-like.


After we digested our food a bit hubby went on a walk with me through the neighborhood so I could make my 10K steps for the day. 


I tried to go to sleep after our walk but I didn't feel sleepy. I tossed and turned for about 30 minutes before I took a melatonin. Unfortunately that meant I wasn't able to wake up early as I had planned to for a morning workout so I will have to squeeze it in later today.

1 comment: