Tuesday, February 28, 2017

South Beach Day 1 COMPLETE!

I'm happy with the way Day 1 on South Beach went for me. Although I had a couple of bumps along the way - I got through them fine and most importantly I stayed away from added sugar!

Here's what I ate:

B - coffee with the 2% milk, Truvia and then I chopped up and mixed 2 hard boiled eggs with 1 Tbsp of light mayo & dill relish for a sort of "fake-me out" egg salad. I also had 2 slices of turkey bacon.

L - I ate breakfast kind of late so I didn't have a morning snack but I did have a humongous salad for lunch


This was the 1st plate - I ate 2 plates of it!
The salad was made up of spinach, tomatoes, an egg white, a little 2% shredded Mexican cheese blend and topped with leftover pork loin and a little bit of a low sugar Trader Joes salad dressing my coworker had at work since I had forgotten my salad dressing at home.

S - Mid afternoon I drank a cup of green tea and I mixed some almonds into my non-fat plain Greek yogurt. Then I mixed in a little bit of some sugar free jello mix for flavoring which was actually pretty nasty tasting so I won't be doing that again.

S - On the car ride home I ate a light string cheese stick.

D - Dinner didn't quite turn out as expected - hubby accidentally mixed pasta into the turkey meatballs and sauce that he had cooked so I dug out 3 of the meatballs to eat while I made my own dinner. On the fly I "stir fried" some lean beef, red peppers, onions and mushrooms in beef broth and then served it over spaghetti squash noodles. I ate 2 servings and that was enough to satisfy me for the night. I didn't eat or need anything else to eat - not even the sugar free fudgsicle I was looking forward to for dessert!

WATER: 58 oz

WORKOUT: None. I had planned to work out in the evening but then I ate dinner later than expected.

FITBIT STEPS: 5,707


No comments:

Post a Comment