Monday, February 27, 2017

South Beach Diet

Today is the day I start the South Beach Diet. 

YEARS ago (probably almost a decade ago) I had pretty good success with it. I got through the two weeks of Phase One and then had moved onto Phase Two but then I didn't follow the plan as structured and ended up completely falling off of it.

This time around I want it to be different. 

I bought the newer version of the book 

Source
and I took good notes of Phase One in a small notebook I carry around with me so I can refer back to it if I need to rather than lugging the whole book around. 

This newer version of the book also comes with an exercise plan that I probably won't follow too closely since I already have a training program I'm following through my running coach.

Yesterday I went to the grocery store and bought all of the foods I thought I would need for this 1st week on South Beach. Unfortunately I was unable to prepare any foods last night because I ran into some timing issues as far as getting in my hour long scheduled running intervals and then dealing with some scheduling issues with my teens.

I packed what I could this morning before work to bring with me for my meals and snacks but unfortunately I kind of feel like I'm winging it a little too much. I already noticed I forgot to pack my creamer and had to buy 2% milk at the deli next door to my work which isn't approved in this phase. Milk is supposed to be fat-free or the 1% but there was no way I was even thinking about drinking my coffee black. The other thing I noticed when I was putting my lunch in the office refrigerator was that I forgot my salad dressing. I'm not looking forward to eating a bland salad for lunch but if I have to I will.

Oh - and this morning I walked into the work kitchen to this:

    One of my co-workers decided to bring in Mardi Gras cupcakes.

Here's hoping the rest of my South Beach day goes better and that I can resist those cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment