Monday, March 20, 2017

Another Weekend on (or...off) South Beach (Days 19, 20, 21)

Friday, March 17 (Day 19)

I just wasn't in the mood to pack my food for the day so breakfast was from The Protein Bar. I got the

Mexicali

Scrambled whole eggs, black beans, cheddar cheese, salsa roja, kale and chipotle Greek yogurt topped with avocado
Bowl: 290 cals, 21g protein, 13g carbs. Wrap: 460 cals, 36g protein, 42g carbs.


I subbed out egg whites for the whole egg 

For lunch I got a salad from Potbelly

 

Powerhouse

All-natural grilled chicken breast, fresh avocado, zippy hummus, hard-boiled egg, crisp cucumber and grape tomatoes on a bed of fresh spinach
560 CAL

I ordered it with no dressing and used my own

Unfortunately - for dinner I also ate out. The teens and I went to Ruby Tuesday while hubby worked. I could have ordered something healthy but I just didn't feel like it. So I got the

California Primavera Pasta

Fresh, grilled vegetables tossed with cavatappi pasta in a light lemon basil sauce finished with a sprinkle of grated cheeses. 


Overall it wasn't a terrible day, AND I didn't snack.

Saturday, March 18 (Day 20)

The scale gets on my nerves. I was up (quite a bit) for Friday morning's weigh-in. Saturday morning I was down from that - but still up .8 over last week.

I feel better and my clothes are feeling better around the waist. I need to focus on eating healthy most of the time and not falling back into my old bad sweet-tooth habits. I also need to not focus on the scale as much. The main thing for me is to lose this belly fat so I'm going to continue to semi-follow South Beach because it does have some very healthy habits - but I am also going to allow myself to enjoy "cheat" meals here and there.

Saturday morning I had early errands to run so I only had time to grab a toasted sandwich thin with natural peanut butter before I headed out the door. 


I had to drop my son at rehearsal and then I went to Aldi and Mom's Organic Market to pick up some groceries and then I went to the dry cleaner. I was starving when I got home so I had some leftover farro and made myself a quick salad.



Afternoon snack with my new sparkling water

Then I squeezed in a low impact workout (because I tweaked my back a little while I was sleeping) and walked on the treadmill for 30 minutes. 



Post workout snack

Tossed these in the crockpot for dinner later in the week

For dinner the whole family went to our favorite little neighborhood Italian restaurant. 

I had a glass of red wine



Calamari


Bruschetta

Ziti AND bread

Yes I had some calamari and a bruschetta and I ate that whole darn plate of ziti AND the bread accompanying it. PLUS I ordered a tiramisu to go and ate that later in the evening. 

Sunday, March 19 (Day 21)

Pre-run snack of sandwich thin and natural peanut butter 

Forgot to snap a picture before I ate the other half



After my run I scrambled an egg and 2 egg whites with mushrooms, tomatoes and spinach and sprinkled with 2%cheeese

Another forgotten picture

After my shower I was famished and ate some of the boneless wings I had heated up for the teens


We headed out to my daughter's 7pm soccer game. It was soooooo cold. Where the heck is Spring? 


All bundled up

After the game hubby and I were on our own because it was the teen's week with their dad. Hubby suggested we stop for dinner to warm up so we went to Applebees. I did have a Michelob Ultra and I also had more pasta. 

NEW Spinach + Artichoke Chicken Cavatappi

Fried spinach leaves, artichoke, cavatappi pasta, grilled chicken breast, Parmesan, and grape tomatoes

Spinach Artichoke Chicken Cavatappi
Source

It was delicious and I devoured the whole thing!

No dessert, no appetizer this time.

Now to get back on track for the week.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment