Thursday, March 2, 2017

South Beach Day 3

Day 3 on South Beach... still plugging along... still no added sugar!

Breakfast was 2 scrambled eggs with mushroom, spinach and 2% cheese with 2 slices of turkey bacon.


My morning snack was 2 light string cheese sticks, dill pickles and some slices of roast beef.


Lunch was the leftover mixture I had made with spaghetti squash, steak and veggies with a side of brussels sprouts. 


For my afternoon snack I mixed a little almond extract in my plain non-fat greek yogurt.


By the time I was ready to leave work - my stomach wasn't too happy with me. It was gurgling and not happy with all the vegetables I had consumed I suppose. I was just hoping I would be able to get through my evening activities. 

The good news was that my daughter called and her job had called to say that they didn't need her to come in. Was it wrong of me to be happy about that for my own selfish mom-taxi driving purposes?

I did still have to attend the parent meeting for the newest play my son is in. Of course he told me the wrong location and we were late. Teenagers... grrr... The meeting started at 7 (we arrived about 7:15) and then the kids started their rehearsal about 7:45 until 8:30. My daughter and I waited in the car during rehearsal time. By the time the 3 of us got home it almost 9:15.

Hubby had put a tray of frozen enchiladas in the oven for the kids for dinner. I had asked him to cut up some chicken breasts for me and coat them in non-south beach approved Shake n Bake because I was starving and wasn't prepared but knew I needed to eat as soon as I got home. The last time I had eaten was at 3pm. Not good - I need to be better prepared when it comes to evening activities.

I couldn't stomach any vegetables and it was so late I only ate my chicken nuggets.

This dressing was so delicious!

Right after I ate my dinner I changed out of my work clothes and walked slowly on the treadmill to get my 10K steps in for the day. I ended up having to walk 40 minutes so I didn't get into bed until later than I had wanted.


Although I had a small cheat with the Shake n Bake, I still consider it a successful day for me. The most important part of this journey for me is staying away from the added sugar and I am consciously making the effort to do it. 

WATER: 48 oz (my water was low because of my evening running around. I tend to drink less when I'm not sure where my bathroom opportunities are. Plus I really dislike public restrooms.)

WORKOUT: 40 minute slow walk on the treadmill
 
FITBIT STEPS: 10,144

No comments:

Post a Comment