Wednesday, March 8, 2017

South Beach Days 8 and 9

Day 8 (Monday)

Boring Monday morning breakfast - turkey bacon and leftover tots (broccoli and cauliflower)



Boring morning snack



Lunch was a huge salad with some of the leftover salmon from the previous night 


It was raining so we weren't able to grill our steaks for dinner so I cooked them under the broiler.


Dessert was a fail. Hubby was having ice cream and I remembered I had read about sweet treats in the South Beach Diet book so I looked them up. The fastest and easiest recipe called for mixing part-skim ricotta, vanilla extract and some unsweetened cocoa powder. Let me just say - the texture to me was EWWWWW.... next time I'll have to take the time and follow one of the recipes that called for adding egg and baking it.

HIS and HERS (blech)

Ewwwww

WATER: 72 oz. So close to my 80 oz goal!

WORKOUT: None. My quads were so sore from the 2 weekend runs.
 
FITBIT STEPS: 5,815


Day 9, Tuesday

I had 2 slices of turkey bacon for breakfast and I went back to eggs - but this time boiled and cut up mixed with a Tbsp of light mayo and some dill relish to make my own little pseudo egg salad which I put on the celery sticks. I had to close my office door while I ate it though because the celery was SO loud and crunchy.


Mid-morning snack - 2 light string cheese sticks and deli turkey


Lunch was another huge salad - this time with leftover steak from the previous night.


When I got home from work I counted out the 30 allowed pistachios for a quick little pre-run snack


After my run I cooked up a quick turkey chili and a broccoli salad which should help me get through the rest of Phase 1. I can't wait to add some healthy carbs back into my life with Phase 2!



WATER: 64 oz

WORKOUT: Treadmill Run - 2.1 miles
 
FITBIT STEPS: 10,693

No comments:

Post a Comment